Two Teens Die After Drinking Racing Fuel Mixed With Mountain Dew: Cops
Two teens in Tennessee are dead after police say they drank a deadly cocktail of racing fuel and Mountain Dew in an apparent bid to get drunk.
Authorities were first called to the Greenbrier home of Logan Stephenson on Thursday. The 16-year-old had been found dead in his bed.
Within minutes, another call came in from the home of Stephenson's best friend after the boy began to have seizures, reports the Robertson County Times.
The second teen has not been named, but the Robertson County Sheriff's Office announced Tuesday that the boy died Monday evening.
“We ask that everyone continue to pray for both of these families as they go through this tragic time,” Sheriff Bill Holt said in a Tuesday release.
Since last week, police say two other teens have admitted they also drank the concoction of soda and racing fuel, which likely contained a high percentage of ethanol.
Since Stephenson's sudden death, friends and family have placed candles and roses in his parking spot at Greenbrier High School, reports WZTV.
The teens are believed to have consumed the fuel sometime Wednesday. Logan was discovered unresponsive Thursday morning.
"They noticed the color of his skin had changed and he started having a seizure. His hands started drawing up," Greenbrier Police Chief KD Smith said.
A friend of Logan's family has created a GoFundMe account from which donations will be given to the Greenbrier High School's alcohol and drug education program.