'Supergirl' Actor Claims He Got So Sick From Eating Chipotle That He Was Hospitalized: 'I Almost Died'

Playing ‘Supergirl’ Actor Jeremy Jordan Says Eating Chipotle Sent Him to the Hospital

Actor Jeremy Jordan from TV's Supergirl says eating at a Chipotle restaurant sent him to the hospital last week. 

Read: How Safe Is Your Soft Serve? Investigation Finds Worrisome Bacteria at Some Stores

"I almost died," the actor said in a video that appeared among his Instagram Stories Sunday. In it, he was in the hospital with an IV in his arm. 

The Instagram post was allegedly Kryptonite to shares of Chipotle, which took a four percent drop Monday when the stock market opened. It has since bounced back. 

CNBC reporter Kate Rogers says the situation shows the power of social media on a company's stock.
 
“The story had expired on Instagram but news of it kind of started circulating and the stock did take a hit yesterday,” she told Inside Edition. “It has rebounded somewhat today and is trading higher by about 1 percent.” 

Chipotle is hitting back, saying its own internal investigation determined whatever made the actor sick, it wasn’t their product.   

"We were sorry to hear Jeremy was sick and were able to get in touch with him directly regarding where and when he ate," Chipotle spokesman Chris Arnold said in a statement to CNNMoney. "There have been no other reported claims of illness at the restaurant where he dined. We take all claims seriously, but we can't confirm any link to Chipotle, given the details he shared with us."

Read: Investigation Finds Dangerous Bacteria Lurking in Some Coffee Machines

Chipotle's reputation took a massive hit in 2015 after an outbreak of foodborne illnesses

Around the same time, Inside Edition went undercover buying burritos at Chipotle restaurants. They were tested for salmonella and E.coli and were found to be perfectly good to eat.