Nobody will ever forget the voice of New York Jets Coach Rex Ryan, oohing and aahing over his wife Michelle's pretty feet in videos, discovered on a foot fetish website, where Ryan is reportedly heard to say, "Do you mind if i touch them? "
One reason we now won't ever forget is because an arch-rival from the New England Partiots made eleven references to feet during a press conference on Thursday.
Wide receiver Wes Welker was clearly pulling coach Ryan's leg with the following references to feet:
1) "You can't just stick your toe in the water."
2) "I had my foot in the air."
3) "He's got great feet."
4) "Some younger players really step up this year."
5) "He has good feet."
6) "He is another guy with great feet"
7) "Putting your best foot forward"
8) "Good little foot soldiers"
9) "Have to be on your toes"
10) "Everybody's putting there best foot forward."
Some think Wes Welker was a bit of a heel to make all those foot references, but you have to admit, he sure did nail it.
When the foot fetish videos went viral last month, coach Ryan tiptoed around the issue saying, "This is a personal matter and I'm not going to discuss it."
And with the big playoff game against the Patriots this Sunday, coach Ryan has other concerns.