A California man who tried to take a selfie with a rattlesnake might lose his hand after it bit him.
Alex Gomez, 36, placed the slithering snake around his neck on Monday at his family's ranch in Lake Elsinore so that he could pose for a picture.
But shortly after he snapped it, he was bitten so badly that his mom Deborah said he might lose his hand, according to The Associated Press.
She wasn't impressed.
"It could've bit his neck, and that would have been it. That's just being a fool,” she said.
A neighbor called 911 as his hand started to swell. He was hospitalized and given anti-venom.
Watch Below: Screaming Mom Puts on Garden Gloves and Catches Snake in Kid's Bedroom