The 22-year-old who rushed the stage at a Donald Trump rally in Ohio said he's received death threats since the incident.
“I was thinking that I could get up on stage and take his podium away from him," Thomas DiMassimo told CNN, "and take his mic away from him and send a message to all people out in the country who wouldn't consider themselves racist, who wouldn't consider themselves approving of what type of violence Donald Trump is allowing in his rallies, and send them a message that we can be strong, that we can find our strength and we can stand up against Donald Trump and against this new wave he's ushering in of truly just violent white supremacist ideas.”
DiMassimo sparked panic when he went on the stage on Saturday.
The billionaire was immediately surrounded by his security detail. He said: “I was ready for him but it's much easier if the cops do it.”
DiMassimo, who said he was not trying to hurt Trump, was charged with disturbing the peace and inciting a panic.
The protester called Trump "a bully" and added: "He is somebody who is just saying a lot of bold things, he's making bold claims. But I can see right through that and I can see that he's truly just a coward. And he's opportunistic and he's willing to destroy this country for power for himself."
The Wright State University student and former child actor, who had small roles in the TV shows "Yes, Dear" and "House of Payne", has stirred up trouble before.
He was filmed taunting Confederate flag supporters in Georgia last year and he stomped on an American flag at another protest.
Someone used that image to make a fake video portraying him as an ISIS sympathizer and Trump fell for the hoax tweeting: “USSS did an excellent job stopping the manic running to the stage. He has ties to ISIS. Should be in jail!”
DiMassimo denounced that he is a member of ISIS to CNN: “I am not a member of ISIS. I have no known ties to ISIS. I've never been out of the country. I only speak English.”