And because of the swelling, the chain could not be slipped over the dog’s face.
“This was one of the worst embedded collar cases we’ve ever seen, and we’ve seen many,” Stacey Silverstein, co-founder of Rescue Dogs Rock NYC, told InsideEdition.com.
95% of the pup’s skin around her neck was damaged by the chain’s intense grip.
"We were shocked she survived," Jackie O’Sullivan, co-founder of Rescue Dogs Rock NYC, told InsideEdition.com. “She is recovering now and doing quite well!”
The brave pit bull is now recovering and waiting for a new forever home.