A California man who previously admitted to defacing Donald Trump's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame has pleaded no contest to felony vandalism.
Back in October, James Lambert Otis, 53, of Los Angeles dressed as a construction worker and used a sledgehammer and pickax to hack away Trump’s name TV logo on the sidewalk star.
"After my arrest, I had said I was proud and felt very good about destroying Mr. Trump’s star," Otis said in November following his arrest and a subsequent court hearing. "However, now I realize I was wrong, that I shouldn’t have done it."
Hours after the vandalism occurred, Otis told TMZ he destroyed the star it to draw attention to women who have been victimized by sexual assault, and to benefit the women accusing Trump, at the time a presidential candidate, of sexual misconduct.
"The reason I did it was because of the amount of sexual assaults that not only my own family has experienced, but the many women that Donald Trump has done this to," Otis said. “The point of the exercise was to take the star and auction it off and take that money and distribute it to the women who have been sexually assaulted by Donald Trump."
Appearing in court Monday, Otis was sentenced to three years probation and community service. He also agreed to pay $4,400 to cover the cost of the damage, The Associated Press reported.
What appears to be the final act of vandalism on the billionaire's star comes after months of reports of less permanent acts of aggression against it.
A swastika was spray-painted on the star at one point in the 2016 election season.
An artist also erected a wall around the star that was meant to evoke Trump's proposed barrier between the U.S. and Mexico.
Trump was given the distinction on the Walk of Fame in 2007 for his work on The Apprentice and Celebrity Apprentice.