Bill O’Reilly returned to the airwaves on his brand new podcast Monday, saying that “the truth will come out” about the sexual harassment allegations that led to his downfall at Fox News.
"I am sad that I am not on television anymore," he said Monday night in the No Spin News podcast on BillOReilly.com. "I was very surprised how it all turned out. I can’t say a lot because there's much stuff going on right now, but I can tell you that I am very confident the truth will come out, and when it does, I don’t know if you are going to be surprised, but I think you are going to be shaken as I am."
While hosting his podcast, which has posted on his site even before he was fired from Fox News, he said he didn’t want to dwell on what happened to avoid influencing the flow of information.
"I don’t want the media to take what I say and misconstrue it," he added.
Last week, the 67-year-old host was fired from the network after 21 years following numerous sexual harassment accusations made by former employees and contributors to the network.
He denies all allegations.
O'Reilly was on vacation in Italy when he got the news he was fired.
“It is tremendously disheartening that we part ways due to completely unfounded claims," he said in a defiant statement he said. "But that is the unfortunate reality many of us in the public eye must live with today. I wish only the best for Fox News channel.”
Tucker Carlson replaced O’Reilly in his old time slot Monday, launching his new show, Tucker Carlson Tonight.
“For those of you tuning in expecting to see someone different in this anchor chair, I know the feeling well,” Carlson said as he opened his show. “I watched Bill O’Reilly at this hour for years, and I always marveled at how well prepared he was, how tough he was and how crisply and directly he expressed his views. What O’Reilly did was not easy. He set a high bar, and I’m going to do my best to meet it. Thanks for sticking with us.”