A freak accident involving whipped cream has left a French fitness model and beauty blogger dead.
Rebecca Burger's social media accounts are filled with photos of the model, flaunting her curves and showing her more than 150,000 Instagram followers the diet she had followed to keep her stunning figure.
But on Wednesday, one photo appeared that was out of the ordinary: A close-up of an at-home whipped cream maker.
"Here is an example of a Chantilly siphon that exploded and struck Rebecca's thorax, resulting in her death," reads the ominous Google Translated message that accompanied the photo.
It was shocking news to anyone who hadn't yet heard: Burger, who also had her own YouTube channel with around 2,000 subscribers, was reportedly killed by a nitrous oxide powered whipped cream dispenser that the maker says was recalled in 2013.
The company, Ard’time, reportedly said the product has not been on the market since a malfunction was first reported in February of that year. The company also reportedly said the products were withdrawn from the market and they made other efforts to alert consumers.
"Unfortunately, there are still lots of siphons of all brands that remain potentially dangerous as time passes," the company said in a statement obtained by USA Today.
While French authorities are conducting an official investigation into the death, one local report said it happened when the canister exploded, struck Burger in the chest and caused her to have a heart attack.
While it's not the first incident associated with such a device, it would be the first death if the whipped cream maker is ruled to have been at fault.