Is the White House more vulnerable than previously thought?
A disturbing news report reveals that a swarm of terrorists could overwhelm security by simply climbing over the fence.
"1990s Study Found Risk to White House" said Tuesday’s Washington Post headline.
The newspaper is revealing details of a secret study in the 1990's, when the elite Delta Force staged a mock attack on the White House. Six to eight commandos jumped the White House fence in quick succession and the Secret Service were unable to stop them all. At least one or two of the would-be attackers actually made it inside the White House.
Just last Friday, the danger became a reality when an intruder jumped the White House fence and made it inside the front door.
It was later discovered that Army veteran Omar Gonzalez was carrying a knife and had 800 rounds of ammunition in his car.
But what if the scenario was much larger and involved terrorists swarming over the White House fence?
Washington Post reporter Carol Leonnig says the Secret Service predicted it could happen.
She told INSIDE EDITION, "If 20 years ago, six to eight guys could get inside the House, it is worrisome that one was actually able to do it."
The secret report also warned of another scenario involving terrorists crashing a small aircraft into the White House. In 1994, a pilot actually crashed a stolen small aircraft into the West Wing.
INSIDE EDITION spoke to former Secret Service agent Dan Bongino about the alarming revelations.
He said, "Something is going to have to give. That fence does not work, it is a fact, not an opinion."
Terrorist attacks on the White House have been the subject of recent movies like Olympus Has Fallen, White House Down and the TV series, 24.
But after the latest incident, officials worry that the danger is all too real, especially following the dramatic announcement by President Obama of U.S. air strikes in Syria.
The President said in a press conference on Tuesday, "Last night, on my orders, America's armed forces began strikes on ISIL targets in Syria."
The Pentagon released video of tomahawk missiles being launched from U.S. warships. The attacks are intended to destroy the ISIS terrorist organization responsible for the beheading of two American journalists.
Now, the Secret Service is increasing security around the White House to make sure nobody ever gets this close again.