Singer Dies After Being Bitten By Cobra On Stage
A singer in Indonesia died after being bitten by a king cobra during a recent concert.
Singer Irma Bule, 29, was bitten by the cobra halfway through her performance on Sunday, according to reports, and carried on for an additional 45 minutes before collapsing on stage in front of fans.
It is believed she stood on the snake during the performance which led it to bite her in the thigh.
Fan footage captured the incident during the gig in Karawang in West Java.
The singer, who was a mother of three, reportedly refused treatment right away.
Once she collapsed, she was rushed to the hospital and passed away.
The singer is known for performing with live snakes.
In an interview with Detik.com, her mother said Bule “didn’t know it was a poisonous snake... She was just told to perform with the snake and its mouth wasn’t shut with a duct tape."