Latest News
Entertainment

Coroner Reveals Amy Winehouse Died of Alcohol Poisoning

A London coroner's tragic finding in the investigation of singer Amy Winehouse's death is that she drank herself to death in a three-day vodka bender.

Winehouse's blood alcohol level was a mind-blowing five times the drunk driving limit.   

Dr. Charles Sophy showed INSIDE EDITION how much alcohol someone would have to consume to hit Winehouse's level.

"This is a deadly concoction for anybody, much less a woman," he said.

Winehouse's taxi driver father Mitch attended the inquest. Her mother Janis was also there, and received a kiss of condolence from a friend.

Police discovered empty vodka bottles scattered around the bedroom of Winehouse's $4 million London home when she was found dead in July.

The coroner ruled that the 27-year-old's death was "The unintended consequence of...fatal levels [of alcohol]." There was no trace of illegal drugs in her system.

Winehouse's family said in a statement, "It is some relief to finally find out what happened to Amy. Amy was battling hard to conquer her problems with alcohol and it is a source of great pain to us that she could not win in time."

Share Share on Facebook Tweet Share on Twitter
Receive Breaking News

By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

Your e-mail was submitted successfully.
Sorry, your email address was not processed. Please try again.
Around the Web
Comments