Parents Forgive 2 Sons Accused of Trying to Kill Them: 'They Had One Bad Moment'

The Atlanta parents whose two sons allegedly tried to kill them say they forgive the young men.

“Our kids had one bad moment,” Zachery Ervin told ABC News in an interview on Monday. "We communicated to them that we love them unconditionally, we told them we forgive them."

POLL: Would You Forgive Your Children if They Attacked You?

Cameron Ervin, 17, and his 22-year-old brother Christopher are accused of brutally attacking their parents, Yvonne and Zachery Ervin, at their Atlanta-area home on September 5. The teenagers then attempted to burn down the house, authorities said.

The couple told ABC they had scars but were healing.

Yvonne added: "We forgive our boys because that is totally out of character for them. They've never got in any type of trouble or violence... They have issues with clearning their rooms... but nothing that would indicate anything like this."

Read: Mom Attacked by 2 Sons Begs for Help in Chilling 911 Call: 'My Children Are Trying to Kill Me'

According to a search warrant, the sons admitted to "attempting to set the residence on fire, strangling their parents with a pillow and/or plastic bag, and stabbing the father."

A terrifying 911 obtained by INSIDE EDITION also revealed the terrifying scene.

Yvonne, 50, told the 911 operator: “They're trying to strangle and shoot us. They put Xanax in our food. They thought we were asleep and they tried to attack us. They beat me up. They beat him up. They're trying to kill us."

She continued: “I don't know why they've done this, I really don't. I guess they want the insurance money, I’m not sure.”

Police have not released a motive for the attack but one of the sons told authorities he had been planning the attack since he was 11, according to the search warrant.

Read: Cops: Son Who Tried to Murder His Parents Had Been Planning Attack Since He Was 11

The brothers are charged with two counts of felony aggravated assault and first-degree arson. Both will be tried as adults and could face as many as 60 years in prison if they are convicted.

They reportedly waived a probable cause hearing and are being held without bond.

Watch Below: Father Attacks His 3-Year-Old Daughter's Killer in Courtoom