Man Perishes on Family Farm After Manure Fumes Form 'Deadly Dome of Air'

A 29-year-old Wisconsin man died on his family’s farm after fumes from a cow manure pit mixed with unusual weather conditions to form a “deadly dome of air,” authorities said.

Michael Biadasz died after becoming overwhelmed by gases emanating from the waste repository, the coroner ruled.

Read: Farm Family Left Heartbroken After 3 Daughters Were Suffocated by Grain in Freak Accident

His father, Bob Biadasz, said unexpected weather conditions trapped the fumes "in a perfect storm" hovering close to the ground, WAOW-TV reported.

Sixteen cows also died on the farm near Amherst, Wisconsin.

“The family is devastated, absolutely devastated,” said Portage County Coroner Scott Rifleman, the station reported.

"This was just a tragic series of events that occurred," the coroner said. "It’s just a fluke."

Methane and sulfur dioxide fumes are believed to be the cause of death.

Biadasz had cleaned the pit, which is about the size of a football field, hundreds of times, his father said. But this time, abnormal weather conditions prevented the deadly gases from dissipating.

Read: A Farm Wife Pleads Guilty to Killing Husband Whose Body Was Found in Manure Pile

The young man was found about 6:30 a.m. by farm workers who had come to help empty the holding unit.

His funeral is scheduled for Thursday.

Watch:  Girl, 11, Sobs Over Losing Her Beloved Pony After 50 Horses Were Poisoned at Farm