Late Night Comics Have Field Day With Manti Te'o Hoax
The late night comics are having a ball with the Manti Te'o story.
Jay Leno said "This cannot be good for any NFL team that signs him. If he can be faked out that easily, all the ball carrier has to do is say, "There's your girlfriend." Where?"
Jimmy Kimmel claimed to have exclusive footage of the imaginary girl and her dad! "Is Manti aware that you're a snuffleupagus? Yes, okay you can date him, but only over the internet!"
David Letterman had the Top 10 Reasons How You Know You Have An Imaginary Girlfriend. Here are the Top 5:
1) Says she's too shy to meet your friends your family and you.
2) Always pressuring you to pretend to buy engagement ring
3) She's never upset when you forget her imaginary birthday.
4) Everyone can tell you're arguing on the phone with Siri.
5) Your imaginary friend is dating her sister.
Amateur jokesters are having a field day too. One guy was mocking Te'o by proposing to an imaginary girlfriend.
One woman pretends to kiss her imaginary boyfriend in a YouTube clip.
Jimmy Fallon said, "It's a pretty big scandal, or as Manti Te'o put it, "I'm gonna have to talk to Oprah, aren't I?"