Details Emerge On "Buckwild" Star's Death
A bulldozer pulled a mud-covered Ford Bronco up a dirt road. The body of Shain Gandee, breakout star of the MTV reality series, Buckwild, was found inside.
Good Morning America said, “Tragedy at one of America's top reality shows.”
The Today show said, “The tragic death of a 21-year-old featured on MTV’s popular reality TV show, Buckwild.”
Gandee was behind the wheel of the SUV which was partially submerged in a muddy ditch. The bodies of his uncle and a family friend were also inside the vehicle. It's believed they all died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Buckwild follows Gandee and his West Virginian buddies as they run wild.
Now with Gandee's death, MTV has suspended the production of season two of Buckwild, saying in a statement: "Shain had a magnetic personality, with a passion for life that touched everyone he met and we will miss him dearly."