Student Nearly Killed By Binge-Drinking: 'They Thought I Was Brain Dead'
Hanna Lottritz was hospitalized after partying at a country music festival in Reno, Nevada last July.
Doctors told her parents she might never recover.
“My blood alcohol was .41, which is five times the legal limit,” she said. “They were concerned that I was brain dead. I was completely unresponsive for 24 hours.”
Fortunately, Lottritz made it - and she is now warning other college students about the dangers of binge drinking in her blog post, entitled “Drinking Responsibly."
“I don't plan on binge drinking ever again. I don't plan on getting drunk,” she said.