A man has been taken into custody for allegedly contaminating food in Michigan grocery stores by spraying mouse poison on salad bars and produce stands, authorities said.
At least three grocery stores in the Ann Arbor area were possibly affected.
No illnesses or injuries have been reported.
The FBI and local health agencies worked with police during the investigation.
Consumers were told to dispose of any salad bar purchases and ready-to-eat hot food bought from mid-March through April, authorities said.
A food safety expert tells IE that anyone concerned about possible food contamination should rewash salad bar items at home, as well as scrubbing produce purchases.