Latest News
Headlines

Girl, 3, Bites Into Glass in Wendy's Burger After Kitchen Light Bulb Breaks

A 3-year-old girl was at a Michigan Wendy's when her mother says she heard a loud crunch when her daughter took a bite. (Facebook/Wendy's) A 3-year-old girl was at a Michigan Wendy's when her mother says she heard a loud crunch when her daughter took a bite. (Facebook/Wendy's)

A Michigan mom wants answers after she says her daughter took a bite of a Wendy's burger and got a mouthful of glass.

The 3-year-old girl was at the franchise in Southgate when her mother says she heard a loud crunch when her daughter took a bite.

As the mother worked to pull the food from the girl's mouth, she said she found her fingers had blood and glass on them.

Read: Pregnant Wendy's Worker Dragged Out Drive-Thru Window, Assaulted: 'You Forgot the Effing Straw'

The mother called police, then rushed her daughter to the hospital, the Associated Press reports.

A manager reportedly told police that some glass had broken in the food preparation area and somehow made it into the burger.

Read: Man Who Tossed 3-Foot Alligator Into Drive-Thru Window Faces Assault Charges

A statement released by the franchise owner Starboard Group confirmed the glass was from a light bulb.

"This is an extremely unfortunate accident and we quickly investigated, it appears a light bulb may have broken during maintenance activity in the restaurant," the statement read.

The girl is now at home recovering.

Watch: Cop Chases Chicken on the Run Near Restaurant, Insists It Didn't Cross the Road

Share Share on Facebook Tweet Share on Twitter
Receive Breaking News

By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

Your e-mail was submitted successfully.
Sorry, your email address was not processed. Please try again.
Around the Web
Comments