Anthony Weiner is denying he has been contacted by the New York City Department of Child Welfare Services after lewd images of him next to his 4-year-old son surfaced.
Published reports Wednesday said Child Welfare Services has launched an investigation into the disgraced former congressman.
Following leaked photos, including one of Weiner — clad in just boxer shorts — with his son in bed, child welfare officials have reportedly launched an investigation into the 51-year-old.
Weiner is denying the report, telling The New York Times by email: "We haven't been contacted by A.C.S."
The image was one of nine photos he reportedly sent to the unidentified woman last year. The photos surfaced Monday and quickly became front page news.
On Monday, Weiner’s wife, Huma Abedin, announced the couple were separating. In a statement she said: "After long and painful consideration and work on my marriage, I have made the decision to separate from my husband."
Weiner has been through this scandal twice before. In 2011, the former U.S. congressman from New York accidentally tweeted a shirtless picture to his followers, leading to his resignation.
In 2013, he attempted a return to public service as he ran for New York City mayor, but the campaign was derailed when another woman's story of sexting with Weiner emerged.
The 2016 documentary Weiner documents his failed comeback attempt and its strain on his marriage to Abedin.