Headlines

Body Cam Shows Deputies Racing to Rescue 70-Year-Old Vietnam Vet from House Fire


Amazing dash cam video shows Georgia first responders rescuing a paralyzed man inside a burning house.

Three Coweta County Sheriff’s deputies and a firefighter entered the smoke-choked home and crawled toward the screams of a 70-year-old Vietnam veteran who was confined to a wheelchair, authorities said.

Read: Parents Arrested After Their 2 Young Boys Are Injured in Fire While Home Alone

Neighbors had called 911 after seeing flames licking from the windows of the man’s single-story home. They told officials the man was unable to walk, deputies said.

The firefighter and the deputies took the man's arms and pulled him from the burning house.

The unidentified victim suffered severe burns on his hands, the video showed. He was air-lifted to Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta for treatment of second- and third-degree burns, The Newnan Times-Herald reported earlier this month.

Read: Firefighters Rescue 34 Dogs from Burning Home: 'It Was an Endless Chain of Dogs

Two of the deputies were treated for smoke inhalation and released.

The homeowner remains hospitalized, authorities said.

Watch: Mom Overcome with Emotion Meeting Firefighter Who Received Son's Face in Transplant 

Related Coverage