Woman Arrested After Dead Dog, 2 Other Pets Found in 113-Degree Vehicle: Cops

Playing Dog & Cat In Emergency Care After Being Abandoned In Scorching Car

A California woman has been arrested after authorities say a dead dog and two other pets in extreme distress were found in her blazing hot vehicle. 

Jennifer Arriaga was arrested on July 9 for animal cruelty after humane society officers and Ontario Police found the three animals in a vehicle where temperatures potentially exceeded 113 degrees. 

Read: Dog Rescued From Hot Car in Florida as Cop Breaks Window: 'It Was Easily 110 Degrees'

In addition to the dead dog, officials say a cat and a second dog were found alive but "under heavy distress," according to a statement from Inland Valley Humane Society & SPCA.

"It is unknown how long the animals were left to suffer inside the parked vehicle," the statement reads.

Cops say they broke the parked vehicle's window to rescue the animals. 

The dog and cat were taken to a veterinarian to be treated and will continue to be cared for at the Inland Valley Humane Society & SPCA, pending an investigation.

An official from Inland Valley Humane Society told InsideEdition.com that it is more typical for pet owners to run into stores briefly to do some shopping. 

In those cases, the official said the pet owner will usually face misdemeanor charge. However, the official said Arriaga's action left an animal dead and put the lives of the other two pets in danger, which is why felony charges are being pursued.

Officials said a necropsy will be performed on the deceased animal.

Read: 11-Year-Old Boy Invents Device to Prevent Hot Car Deaths After Death of Neighbor's Baby

Arriaga faces three felony counts of animal cruelty, according to the statement. She is due to appear in court Tuesday.

The Inland Valley Humane Society & SPCA reminds all pet owners not to leave animals in hot cars as animals can suffer long term health effects like brain damage or death in less than 15 minutes.

Watch: See Rescuers Revive Dog Found Alone and Unconscious in House Fire