Latest News
Headlines

Car Explodes as Woman Lights Cigarette With Gas Grill in Back Seat

(Orlando Police) (Orlando Police)

A Florida couple has been hospitalized with burns after they accidentally blew up their SUV while driving.

Orland police said a woman in the vehicle lit a cigarette Sunday while transporting a propane grill that had been switched on, sparking the explosion.

Read: Gas Explosion Collapses School Building, At Least 1 Dead, 9 Injured: 'Has to Be an Earthquake'

The couple was reportedly leaving a barbecue at the time.

No one was killed in the accident, but both occupants suffered non-life-threatening burns.

The couple’s Kia Sorrento, on the other hand, was badly damaged. All of its windows were blown out in the blast.

Read: Man Faces Possible Amputation After Likely Fireworks Explosion in Central Park Mangles His Leg: Reports

The car then traveled off the road and crashed into a pole, police said.

Police did not respond for comment.

Watch: Tips on How to Survive a Nuclear Blast

 

Share Share on Facebook Tweet Share on Twitter
Receive Breaking News

By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

Your e-mail was submitted successfully.
Sorry, your email address was not processed. Please try again.
Around the Web