2-Year-Old Dies After Accidentally Getting Neck Stuck in Automatic Car Window

An Indiana toddler has died several days after getting his neck stuck in an automatic car window. 

Logan Vanderkleed, 2, died Thursday morning, a week after his neck became stuck in the window of a vehicle while his dad, Drew Vanderkleed, was cleaning out a nearby car on the family's farm.

Logan was reportedly without oxygen for more than 40 minutes. 

Read: 3-Year-Old Boy Dies After Accidentally Hanging Himself With Window Blind Cord

In a Facebook post, Logan’s mom, Lisa, said the children were taking a nap in the vehicle when Logan somehow rolled down the window before accidentally closing it again with the automatic button.

“When he was discovered, he wasn't breathing. Logan was without oxygen/pulse for a significant amount of time as family and medical personnel repeatedly gave him CPR,” a family friend wrote on a GoFundMe page for the family.

Logan was airlifted to Riley Hospital for Children and reportedly showed low levels of brain function due to the time doctors believed he was without a pulse. 

Early Thursday momring, his mother said that she felt strong desire to hold her son. 

Read: Mom of Boy, 4, Who Hanged Himself in Hooded Sweatshirt Says It Was a Tragic Accident: 'He Was Being a Kid'

“I felt a strong urge to hold Logan,” his mother later wrote on Facebook. “He just wanted his mommy. Moments after I got him, he took his last breath."

Doctors were able to preserve Logan’s heart valves for a future donation.

Watch: Toddler Found Dead In Hot Van Outside Daycare Center