Man Beaten by Cops after Wild Chase on Horse Tells His Story

'I was hoping to go unconscious, so I wouldn't feel any more pain.'

Thirty-year-old Francis Pusok still has the black eye he got received after being repeatedly punched 37 times and kicked 17 times by sheriffs deputies after he allegedly attempted to flee on a stolen horse in California's Mojave desert last week.

READ: Suspect Beaten after Wild Police Chase on Stolen Horse

He spoke to Jim Moret.

"They were pushing my face down into the sand. I would turn my head to the side and then they would take a scoop of sand and push that into my face," Pusok explained.

"Deliberately?" Moret asked.

"Deliberately," he answered.

"So you felt like they were all trying to suffocate you?" Moret responded.

"I felt they were trying to kill me," Pusok said.

Ten deputies have been suspended and Pusok said he plans to sue.  He finds himself in the growing national debate over how much force police should use after the shooting in the back of unarmed Walter Scott in South Carolina.

Pusok is speaking out about the shocking police dash cam video the whole nation is talking about. A police cruiser ran over a rifle-toting suspect outside Tucson, Arizona.

"I don't think it's justifiable. There could've been kids on the other side of that wall that he crashed into," Pusok said.

In the ramming incident in Arizona,  police say something had to be done to stop the suspect who can be seen wielding a rifle he had allegedly just stolen from a Walmart. 

READ: Police Dash Cam Footage of Walter Scott Shooting Released

He fired a shot in the air. Cops said the gunman was heading toward a factory where hundreds of people were working.

That's when a police officer decided he had to bring the suspect down with his cruiser.

Chief Terry Rozema explained to INSIDE EDITION, "If we're going to choose between 'maybe we'll let him go a little farther and see what happens,' or 'we're going to take him out now and eliminate any opportunity that he has to hurt somebody,' you're going to err on the side in favor of the innocent people."

The suspect, Mario Valencia, had to be hospitalized for two days.

And just this week the accidental shooting of a Tulsa man by a 73-year-old volunteer deputy sheriff who thought he was using a non-lethal taser.