72-Year-Old Veteran Walked into Army Office with Gun to 'Keep Staff on Their Toes'

Harry Tracey, from Conyers, Georgia, said he pulled the stunt last Thursday to make sure they were ready for an attack following the Chattanooga shooting.

A 72-year-old Vietnam veteran who walked into an Army recruitment office with a gun last week said he wanted to keep staff "on their toes."

Harry Tracey, from Conyers, Georgia, said he pulled the stunt at the office on Highway 138 last Thursday morning to make sure officers were ready for an attack following the shooting in Chattanooga, where five U.S. servicemen were killed on July 16.

The grey-haired vet parked his car in a lot nearby and approached the office around 11.30am, where he proceeded to ask "strange questions", according to the incident report obtained by INSIDE EDITION.

Read: 'My Gun's Cocked and Locked': 911 Recordings Reveal Deadly Road-Rage Argument

He asked an army sergeant at the office "if he felt safe, if he was armed and if he could protect himself against an attack like the one that happened in Chattanooga," Police Officer Marshall Thompson said in his report.

When the sergeant responded, Tracey told him he did not like his answer and would not want to serve with him.

As Tracey left the office, "he lifted his shirt revealing a black pistol in his waist band," the sergeant told police.

Officer Marshall was called to the scene about a "suspicious person" and the sergeant pointed out Tracey as he headed back towards his parked Mercedes.

When speaking with police, Tracey admitted to going to the office with a gun to "keep the guys on their toes" and to make them aware of their surroundings, Thompson said.

"He advised he meant no harm," Thompson added.

Read: Authorities Release Footage of Sandra Bland Arriving in Jail to Dispel Rumors She Was Already Dead

The officer retrieved the man's gun, which was later cleared as not being stolen and was retained by police.

Tracey was arrested on charges of carrying a concealed weapon into a government building and taken to the police station without incident.

Bizarrely, the man was carrying $1,159 at the time of the incident, according to the report.

Tracey was booked into the Rockdale County Jail on Thursday and was released on Saturday after posting $7,000 bond, according to the Rockdale County Sheriff's Office.

The incident came a week after 24-year-old Mohammad Youssuf Abdulazeez walked into a military recruiting centre and opened fire before going to a nearby U.S. Navy facility, where he shot four Marines dead. He was killed by police.

Staff at the Conyers office say they have not been told of any major security changes since last Thursday's incident.

Watch Below: Sandra Bland Survived Car Crash Months Before Arrest