3-Year-Old Dies After Getting Trapped in Washing Machine
The 3-year-old was playing in the laundry room with his sibling.
A 3-year-old died after getting trapped in a front-loading washing machine in Florida.
The toddler was playing with his sibling in the Orlando home’s laundry room when the accident happened, according to police.
It’s not clear how the child got stuck or how long he was inside, but he was rushed to a local hospital where he died.
"It’s certainly is a tragic scenario," said Jim Nanni, a product testing engineer for Consumer Reports, told Click Orlando.
After the tragic death, Orlando Police asked parents to take precautions to keep their kids safe in laundry rooms.
“We also ask that parents speak with their children and teach them that washers, dryers and other appliances are not toys and should not be played with,” spokesperson Cory Burkarth told the Orlando Sentinel. “This message also applies to adults/friends/family members who may have children visit their house, babysitters, etc.”
Trending on Inside Edition
Florida Woman Facing New Charges After Allegedly Asking Inmates to Murder Prime Witness in Her Homicide CaseCrime
Missing Teen Tanvi Marupally, Who Mave Have Feared Deportation, Found Safe After Disappearing in JanuaryHuman Interest
Bryan Kohberger Murder Investigation: Prosecutors Reveal Existence of Internal Probe of OfficerCrime
California Mom Who Was Taken to ER Says Viral 'Bucket Challenge' Is Not Fun and GamesNews
New York Woman Says Her Late Mother's Caretaker Is Now Squatting in Upper East Side ApartmentHuman Interest
Michigan Student Pilot Lands 3rd Solo Flight After Losing Nose Gear With Help From Veteran Pilot on the GroundInspirational