Freed Gary Giordano Returns to the US

Gary Giordano, who has denied any wrongdoing, has been released after spending four months in an Aruban jail in connection with the disappearance of his traveling companion, Robyn Gardner. INSIDE EDITION reports.

Gary Giordano is a free man today. He was released from a prison in Aruba in the middle of the night, where he's been incarcerated for the last four months. Giordano was accompanied by lawyer Jose Baez, who famously defended Casey Anthony.

Giordano was taunted when he arrived at his hotel with shouts of "Murderer!"

Good Morning America's cameras were allowed to record him in his hotel room as he phoned his three sons, who live in Maryland.

Giordano remains the only suspect in the disappearance of Robyn Gardner. Giordano says she went missing while snorkeling. He had taken out a $1.5 million accidental death insurance policy on Gardner before the trip, naming himself the beneficiary.

Prosecutors say Giordano is lying about what happened, but with no body they don't have enough evidence to hold him any longer.

Baez would not answer whether his client plans to cash in on the life insurance policy.

"Is he going to try and collect on it at this time?" Robin Roberts asked Baez.

He said, "You know, Gary is really starting to just get his life back together again, I think that's the farthest thing from his mind."

The 50-year-old Giordano looks very different from his mug shot. The thick toupee is gone, and his bald head was covered with a baseball cap.

After getting a few hours sleep, he boarded the first flight out of Aruba to Miami. He's expected to fly on to New York City, where he's scheduled to make an appearance on a morning show Thursday.

INSIDE EDITION's Megan Alexander spoke with Gardner's boyfriend, Richard Forester.

"How upset are you that Giordano was released?" Alexander asked.

"I wish that they could have held him longer in order to maybe get some more answers," Forester said.

Giordano, who has denied any wrongdoing, may be back in the States, but he's not out of the woods yet. Prosecutors in Aruba say they are continuing to pursue the case.

"We still have no answers and it's very frustrating," Forester said.