Elderly Ohio Man Mistakenly Vaccinated for COVID-19 Twice on Same Day Is Hospitalized for Respiratory Distress
The man's daughter said no one seems to know how to treat a COVID-19 vaccine overdose.
A 91-year-old Ohio man has been hospitalized with “respiratory distress” after he was mistakenly vaccinated for COVID-19 twice on the same day. Four hours after receiving a shot at a mass vaccination site near Cincinnati, Victor Smith was given a second shot at his nursing home.
The two doses of the vaccine are supposed to be spaced either 21 or 28 days apart, depending on the manufacturer.
As Smith’s daughter-in-law explained, the second vaccination Smith received was a case of mistaken identity.
“There was a fireman that came in and had a shot for Victor, but it was a different Victor, and they didn't check his name band,” his daughter-in-law told Inside Edition.
Smith's daughter, Dawn, said she's angry and upset over the incident, and said that no one seems to know how to treat a vaccine overdose.
“Nobody can give me an answer, and I think that part of that is because the vaccine is so new,” Dawn told Inside Edition.
Trending on Inside Edition
Bernie Madoff, Fraudster Convicted of Largest-Ever Ponzi Scheme, Dies in Prison at 82News
The Killing of Daunte Wright: Officer Kim Potter Will Be Charged in Fatal Shooting of Minneapolis 20-Year-OldNews
Undercover Black Cop Beaten 'Like Rodney King' Shines Light on St. Louis Police Force Long Accused of RacismNews
Steven Avery's Attorney Says New Witness Saw His Nephew "Suspiciously Pushing" Car of Teresa HalbachCrime
‘Bachelor’ Colton Underwood Comes Out as Gay in ‘Good Morning America’ InterviewEntertainment
Lizzie Borden House’s New Owner Says He Heard Footsteps in Famous Haunted HomeOffbeat
Mom Arrested After Police Chase for Stabbing 3 Kids to Death Following Alleged Custody Dispute, Officials SayCrime
TikTok Helps Find Owners of Long Lost GoPro That Captured Couple's Sweet Vacation MemoriesInspirational