The Dangers of Sugar-Free Gum for Dogs

A Tennessee woman is warning others to make sure their dogs do not swallow gum. Christy Figlio noticed something was wrong with her 3-year-old dog named Canon when he suddenly stopped eating. “He seemed to get more and more lethargic, almost like he was drunk,” she told Inside Edition. She and her husband took him to the vet where they gave him antibiotics for what they thought was a liver infection. "He got to the point where he collapsed to the ground and he started shaking,” she recalled.