Deadly Fire in Bronx Apartments Reportedly Started by Space Heater
January 10, 2022
At least 19 people are dead, nine of them children, after a massive 5-alarm blaze Sunday morning in New York City. Officials are calling it the city’s worst fire in more than three decades, and suspect it originated from a space heater. Improperly used space heaters are responsible for 1,700 fires in the U.S. each year, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. Here are some tips on how to make sure your space heater doesn’t cause a fire in your home.