Flesh-Eating Bacteria Infect Grandmother After She Gets Cut in Ocean

July 1, 2019

Two recent cases of flesh-eating bacteria in Florida, one of which led to the death of a woman, are reminders for people to know how to stay safe when swimming this summer. The disease is a bacterial infection that spreads quickly and kills tissue at the infection site and all over the body. It can enter the body after a surgery or through cuts, bug bites or scrapes. Experts warn not to swim in natural bodies of water if you have an open cut or scrape, especially during the summer.

Watch Live
Inside Edition Streaming: Keep WatchingInside Edition Streaming: Keep Watching