Prosecutors Will Not File Charges Against Caitlyn Jenner in Fatal Car Crash

Prosecutors will not file charges against Caitlyn Jenner for her part in a fatal car crash earlier this year.

The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office determined prosecutors will not be able to prove in court that Jenner was responsible for the February crash along California’s Pacific Coast Highway.

Read: Driver Survives Car Crash That Split His Car in Two

During the accident, a 69-year-old widow, Kim Howe, was killed.

Prosecutor Patricia Wilkinson said in a declination document released on Wednesday: "Based on the facts, cannot prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the suspect's conduct was unreasonable.”

Since the situation would not be able to prove Jenner responsible in court, they declined to file a misdemeanor manslaughter charge against her.

Read: Woman Says 'Good Samaritan' Robbed Her After Car Crash

Following the announcement, Jenner’s attorney, Blair Berk, said: “We are heartened the district attorney has agreed that even a misdemeanor charge would be inappropriate. A traffic accident, however devastating and heartbreaking when a life is lost, is not necessarily a criminal matter,” according to The Los Angeles Times.

Watch Below: Driver in Caitlyn Jenner Car Crash Blasts ESPY Courage Award Honor

Related Coverage