Janice Dickinson's Lawsuit Against Bill Cosby Moves Forward: 'This is a Victory For All Women'

Just a day after former supermodel Janice Dickinson told the world she's battling breast cancer, she found out that her lawsuit against Bill Cosby will move forward.

Read: Janice Dickinson Reveals She Has Breast Cancer: 'It's Hard For Me To Say'

“This is a victory for all women. I will not go down,” she told reporters on Tuesday as she left for a medical appointment.

A judge ruled Dickinson’s defamation lawsuit against Cosby will proceed after the comedian’s lawyer sought to dismiss it.

The 61-year-old former supermodel filed the suit last year after the comedian's legal team called her a liar and denied her allegation that Cosby drugged and raped her.

“I want Bill Cosby in court. I want him to stand under oath,” Dickinson told reporters.

Lisa Bloom, who represents Dickinson, said she was delighted with the recent turn of events.

The 78-year-old’s comedian's lawyer, Monique Pressley, also released a statement on Twitter:

Read: Bill Cosby's Accusers Subpoena His Wife Camille

More than 40 women have come forward to accuse the comedian of assaulting them over four decades. In many cases, the statute of limitations prevents any sort of criminal action against him.

In December, he was charged in a Pennsylvania court with aggravated indecent assault on Andrea Constand, a former Temple University basketball employee. He was released on $1 million bail and has not yet entered a plea.

Cosby has denied all allegations of wrongdoing that have been made against him.

Watch: Bill Cosby in Court, Lawyers Try to Get Charges for Sexual Assault Dropped 

Related Coverage