Headlines

Huma Abedin Cooperating with Investigators, Says Laptop Seized by FBI Belonged to Weiner


Hillary Clinton’s top aide Huma Abedin remains off the campaign trail and in her Manhattan apartment, but has spoken out through her lawyer.

Read: New Poll Gives Trump Slight Bump Over Clinton Following Latest Email Inquiry

Abedin’s attorney said in a statement Monday night that the laptop seized by the FBI belonged solely to her estranged husband, Anthony Weiner, and she has never used it. If she did use the laptop, Abedin could face charges because she reportedly had previously told investigators that she had turned over all of her electronic devices containing state department emails. 

“From the beginning, Ms. Abedin has complied fully and voluntarily with State Department and law enforcement requests, including sitting for hours-long interviews and providing her work-related and potentially work-related documents," lawyer Karen Dunn said in the statement.

Abedin could face charges after telling investigators that she had turned over all of her electronic devices containing state department emails.

Dunn added: “She only learned for the first time on Friday, from press reports, of the possibility that a laptop belonging to Mr. Weiner could contain emails of hers. While the FBI has not contacted us about this, Ms. Abedin will continue to be, as she always has been, forthcoming and cooperative.”

At a Michigan rally Monday, Donald Trump thanked Abedin for reviving his sagging campaign.

“Huma, thank you. Thank you, Huma,” he repeated.

Abedin is said to be as close as a daughter to Clinton but the presidential candidate sure seemed to be distancing herself at a rally in Ohio.

During a rally at Kent State, Clinton called Abedin “just one of my staffers.”

“Now they apparently want to look at emails of one of my staffers – and by all means they should look at them,” Clinton said. “And I am sure they will reach the same conclusion they did when they looked at my emails for the last year. There is no case here. And they said it wasn’t even a close call.”

The latest political bombshell brought Jay Leno back to The Tonight Show.

He came out and did the opening monologue with his successor, Jimmy Fallon.

“Hillary Clinton was campaigning last week and stopped at a school where children as young as five were learning to work with computers. The former First Lady actually took the time to show those young people how to use that all important 'delete files' button,” Leno joked.

Leno also quipped: “Hillary Clinton got quite a scare tonight. I guess a trick-or-treater came to the door dressed as a lie detector."

Read: Sydney Leathers Speaks Out About Anthony Weiner's Impact on Election: 'I Think It's Crazy'

He even took a swipe at Trump saying: “When the kids rang his bell and said: ‘trick or treat,’ he said: ‘trick’ and before could grab any candy he declared bankruptcy.”

President Obama sat down with comedian Samantha Bee on her TBS show Full Frontal.

She poked fun of his grey hair, to which he said: "Sam, I am still president for three months."

He appeared on the show as part of his effort to get younger people to vote and active on the campaign trail.

“Young people have a bigger stake in this election more than anybody,” Obama said. “I would hope they take as much time as you do looking at cat videos on your phone to make sure the democracy is working.”

Watch: Meeting Between Former Beauty Queens Descend Into Madness Over 2016 Election

Related Coverage