Latest News
Headlines

O'Reilly Out: Fox News Cuts Ties With Longtime Host After Numerous Harassment Allegations

Playing O'Reilly Out: Fox News Cuts Ties With Longtime Host After Numerous Harassment Allegations

Conservative commentator Bill O’Reilly has been forced out of Fox News after multiple sexual harassment claims and out-of-court settlements came to light, it was announced Wednesday.

“After a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel,” parent company 21st Century Fox said in a statement.

Read: Trump Defends O'Reilly Amid Sexual Harassment Allegations: 'I Don't Think Bill Did Anything Wrong'

The veteran TV host has been embroiled in controversy for nearly three weeks after reports surfaced the network and O'Reilly had paid about $13 million in out-of-court settlements with five woman who complained they were sexually harassed by O’Reilly.

Read: Former Fox News Guest Accuses Bill O'Reilly of Inappropriate Behavior

Since then, more than 50 advertisers have jumped ship and advocacy groups have demanded his firing.

"It is tremendoulsy disheartening that we part ways due to completely unfounded claimes," O'Reilly said in a statement. "But that is the unfortunate reality many of us in the public eye must live with today. I will always look back on my time at Fox with great pride."

His prime-time show has been No. 1 among all cable news programs in the time slot for more than 15 years.

Watch: Bill O'Reilly Tells Viewers He's Taking a Vacation: 'We All Need R &R'

Share Share on Facebook Tweet Share on Twitter
Receive Breaking News

By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

Your e-mail was submitted successfully.
Sorry, your email address was not processed. Please try again.
Around the Web
Comments