Latest News
Headlines

7-Year-Old Australian Boy Who Was Missing After Barcelona Van Attack Confirmed Dead

Playing 7-Year-Old Australian Boy Who Was Missing After Barcelona Van Attack Confirmed Dead

A 7-year-old boy who was missing after Thursday’s terror attack in Barcelona has been identified as one of the dead.

Julian Cadman was separated from his mother after a van plowed into pedestrians on a Barcelona promenade, killing at least 14 and injuring some 100 others just after 6 p.m.

Read: Boy, 7, Missing After He's Separated From Mom During Barcelona Van Attack

“The Australian Government is deeply saddened to confirm that Julian Cadman, a 7-year-old Australian boy, was among those killed in the terrorist attack in Barcelona,” the country’s Minister for Foreign Affairs, Julie Bishop, said in a statement.

His mother was seriously injured in the attack and remains in a coma, reports said.

“Julian was a much loved and adored member of our family,” Julian’s family said in a statement released by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. “As he was enjoying the sights of Barcelona with his mother, Julian was sadly taken from us. He was so energetic, funny and cheeky, always bringing a smile to our faces. We are so blessed to have had him in our lives and will remember his smiles and hold his memory dear to our hearts.”

The family also thanked those who helped them in searching for Julian in the aftermath of the tragedy. 

“Your kindness was incredible during a difficult time. We also acknowledge we are not the only family to be affected by the events, our prayers and thoughts are with all people affected,” the family added in their statement. 

Julian’s grandfather, Tony Cadman, took to Facebook after the attack to try to find Julian in a post that had been shared more than 35,000 times just eight hours after it appeared. 

Read: American Singer Captures Chaos in the Streets Following Barcelona Attack: 'They're Shooting at Me'

"We have found Jom (my daughter-in-law) and she is in serious but stable condition in hospital," the grandfather wrote on Facebook. "Julian is 7 years old and was out with Jom when they were separated, due to the recent terrorist activity. Please share if you have family or friends in Barcelona.”

Police have reportedly arrested several people in connection with the attack but are still searching for the driver. ISIS has since claimed responsibility for the attack, reports said.

Watch: The Horrific Vacation Mel B Took With Nanny Who Allegedly Had Affair With Ex

Share Share on Facebook Tweet Share on Twitter
Receive Breaking News

By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

Your e-mail was submitted successfully.
Sorry, your email address was not processed. Please try again.
Around the Web