Father of Three Stuffs Whole Cheeseburger Into His Mouth, Chokes to Death Trying to Eat It
A father of three who said "Watch this," and then stuffed a whole cheeseburger in his mouth, choked to death while trying to eat it.
A father of three choked to death as he tried to eat a McDonald's cheeseburger in one bite, a coroner's inquest has ruled.
Darren Bray, 29, passed out after rolling the burger into a ball and stuffing it in his mouth, a Welsh inquest heard, the BBC reported.
Though Bray had been drinking, it was not enough to affect his judgment, authorities said.
"I could see him trying to cough it up and he was making horrible, coughing noises," friend Sam Bisgrove said. "I tried to hit his back to help him clear his airway."
Paramedics performed CPR and used a suction device to remove the food, but Barry died on the scene. He had been visiting a friend.
A small piece of the burger remained stuck in his throat and "he would not have been able to breathe ... with that in his airway," Dr. Rhiannon Trefor told the hearing.
Before shoving the cheeseburger into his mouth, Barry told his friend, "Watch this."
Trending on Inside Edition
Michigan Man Discovers 160 Bowling Balls During Home Renovation ProjectOffbeat
Authorities Probe Whether Beloved Peacock Was Shot to Death by Someone Hired Through Craigslist AdAnimals
2-Year-Old Farm Girl From Ohio Is Constantly Followed by an Army of ChickensAnimals
Samuel Olson Told His Grandma His Dad and Theresa Balboa 'Were Mean.' It Was the Last Time She Saw Him Alive.Crime
Despite New York Times Reporting, Inside Edition Investigation Finds Subway's Tuna Sandwiches Contain TunaInvestigative