Cops: Man Charged With Killing and Dismembering Mother of 3 Says He Blacked Out Night of Their Date

Man charged in dismemberment killing of 40-year-old mother of three says he blacked out on the night of their date, according to court documents.

The man suspected of killing and dismembering a Seattle mother of three was charged Wednesday with first-degree murder in her grisly death.

John Charlton, 37, was also charged with car theft for allegedly taking Ingrid Lyne's vehicle and using it to transport her body parts, authorities said.

In court documents filed earlier this week, he told detectives he went on a date with her last Friday, but became so intoxicated he doesn’t remember how the night ended.

He is being held in lieu of $2 million bail and is scheduled to appear in court Thursday. Gordon Hill, his public defender, said there is no forensic evdence linking Charlton to the killing, according to The Associated Press.

Read: Mom's Head, Foot, Found After She Vanished Following Date With Man She Met Online

In probable cause documents filed Tuesday, investigators said Charlton and Lyne went to a Seattle Mariner’s baseball game last Friday night and returned to her home.

The documents contain new details about the grisly killing, including blood splatters and a pruning saw that were found in the woman’s bathroom. Prosecutors said bits of human flesh were found in the bathtub drain, according to local reports.

Charlton told detectives he was so drunk he doesn’t remember how they got to her house or what happened after they arrived, the documents said.

“He said he believed they had sex, and said Lyne was acting “weird,” but could not or would not provide any further details,”  according to the affidavit submitted by Seattle Police Department detectives J.D. Mudd and Donna Stangeland.

Charlton said he assumed Lyne had driven him home and claimed that he slept on the sidewalk.

The 40-year-old woman was reported missing Saturday after her ex-husband drove their three daughters, ages 12, 10 and 7, to Lyne’s house, but no one answered the door and Lyne’s car was missing, police said.

Phil Lyne called the woman’s mother, who arrived with a key to the house, police said. Lyne’s purse and phone were inside the home, according to the affidavit. Her mother then called 911.

The same day, a Seattle homeowner called police after finding three heavy plastic bags in his recycling bin. The bags contained a human head, an arm with a hand attached, and a foot, the documents said.

All have identified as belonging to Lyne, police said.

Read: Man and His Girlfriend Found Guilty of Killing His Stepsister During Kidnapping

Lyne’s mother texted Charlton on her daughter’s phone, police said, and asked when he had last seen her.

“We went to the Mariner’s game last night but we didn’t stay the night together because she has her kids today … not sure what she has told you about me and our relationship,” he texted back, according to the affidavit.

The mother asked Charlton to phone her, and said family members were “desperate” to find Lyne, but Charlton never answered, police said.

Charlton told police he had been dating Lyne for about a month and had previously spent nights at her home. Lyne’s relatives said the two met online.

Charlton has previous criminal convictions in six states, according to the affidavit, including aggravated robbery, assault, battery and felony theft.

Watch: Homeless Teen Charged with Murder of University of Texas Freshmen