Dallas Sniper Was Shipped Home From Afghanistan After a Female Soldier Accused Him of Sexual Harassment

Micah Johnson was shipped home while serving overseas with the recommendation he be given an "other than honorable" discharge.

The former Army Reservist who authorities have identified as the sniper behind the deaths of five Dallas cops was sent home prematurely while serving in Afghanistan after a female soldier accused him of sexual harassment.

Micah Johnson, 25, was a private first class who served in the Army Reserve for six years starting in 2009. He did one tour in Afghanistan from November 2013 to July 2014.

During that time, Johnson was accused of sexual harassment and sent back to the U.S. with the recommendation he be removed from the Army with an "other than honorable" discharge, military lawyer Bradford Glendening told the AP.

Read: Pictured: Newlywed Transit Officer and Military Veteran Among 5 Dallas Sniper Victims

However, Johnson later got an honorable discharge.

The revelation comes as authorities revealed that Johnson, who is black, wore a protective vest and used a military-style semi-automatic rifle in the sniper slayings of five Dallas police officers in his attempt exterminate whites, "especially white officers."

Twelve officers were shot in total.

Johnson was killed by a bomb detonated by police, authorities said.

“We saw no other option but to use our bomb robot and place a device on its extension for it to detonate where the suspect was,” Dallas Police Chief David Brown said at a press conference on Friday. “Other options would’ve exposed our officers to grave danger.”

Read: Protests Erupt After Police Fatally Shoot Black Louisiana Man While He's Pinned to the Ground

A hostage negotiator spoke with the suspect at length before negotiations broke down, Brown said.

“The suspect said he was upset about Black Lives Matter. He said he was upset about the recent police shootings. The suspect said he was upset at white people… wanted to kill white people, especially white officers,” Brown said.

Johnson told police he was not affiliated with any groups and that he acted alone, warning officers that they would “eventually find the IEDs,” or improvised explosive devices, Brown continued.

“The suspect told our negotiators that the end is coming,” he said.

Watch: Newlywed Transit Cop and Military Veterans are Among 5 Dallas Sniper Victims