How Parents of Trump Tower Climber Arrived Home From Vacation to Find Him Front Page News

The embarrassed parents had just returned home from Italy to see their son make headlines.

The parents of the Trump Tower climber returned from vacation to learn their son was front page news.

Read: Pictured: Virginia Teen Who Traveled to New York to Scale Trump Tower

The Ryan family returned home to Virginia after a trip to Italy to see that their son, Michael Joseph, had scaled the side of the billionaire's New York skyscraper.

The 19-year-old, who changed his name to Stephen Rogata, is a high school drop-out. His father is apparently a captain in the U.S. Navy and the family lives 20 miles from Washington, D.C.

Neighbor Tom Garofalo told Inside Edition that the son "cuts the grass whenever mom and dad want him to. He does whatever they ask.”

Ryan reportedly once ran away from home after his parents took away his internet privileges because he was spending vast amounts of time on a political blog. According to a 2014 police report, the parents of the teen filed a missing person’s report.

"His entire life focus is on that blog," his mother, Gina Ryan, told police, according to the report.

Just a day after filing the report, Michael Joseph was found and returned home.

This week, he arrived in New York the night before his stunt, staying at the Bowery Grand Hotel for $300-a-night.

Armed with suction cups, he scaled the side of the building. The $200 cups he used have a pump on the handle that pushes air out of the suction cup to give it more grip. They can hold between 150 and 175 pounds.

However, they do not work in water. If it began raining on Wednesday afternoon as the man climbed the building, he could have lost grip and fallen.

Read: Who is the Man Who Climbed Trump's Fifth Avenue Tower?

Former NYPD Detective Sergeant Wally Zeins says cops must have feared the ascent was more sinister than just a wacky stunt.

“He had a backpack on and they were very concerned that there may have been weapons or explosives. They did have the bomb squad there,” he told Inside Edition.

The climber was taken to Bellevue Hospital and faces charges of reckless endangerment and trespassing.

Watch: Man Who Gasped at Trump's Second Amendment Comments Denies He Was Upset: 'It Was a Joke'