2-Year-Old Dies Twice and Revived After He's Bitten by Venomous Snake 3 Times
A 2-year-old died twice after he was bitten by a venomous snake in Australia.
An Australian 2-year-old died twice after he was bitten three times by the world’s second-most venomous snake, a coastal taipan.
The toddler, Eli, was bitten three times while he was getting eggs from the chicken coop in his family's backyard with his mom. The bites caused him to go into cardiac arrest.
Read: A Venomous Snake Was Found In a Child's Bed at a Daycare Center
He was declared dead for six minutes after the bites but was revived twice by paramedics and taken to the hospital in Brisbane.
Richie Gilbert from Sunshine Coast Snake Catchers 24/7 told Daily Mail Australia that taipans are elusive but will strike when cornered.
"It was tragic. The snake would have probably had its head in a hole looking for rats or mice. They are a shy but they can strike repeatedly and very quickly if they feel threatened," Gilbert said.
Read: Lowe and Behold! Venomous Snake in Tree Bites Hardware Store Customer: Report
Blake Hyland, a family friend who has a son similar in age to Eli, started a GoFundMe for the family to help with hospital bills.The page has raised almost $4,000 of it's $20,000 goal
According to Hyland, Eli was taken off of the ventilator Monday but has brain damage and some loss of motor skills.
"He's very lucky to be alive," Hyland told InsideEdition.com.
Hyland said that the dangerous snake is common in the area.
Watch: How Video of Sunbather Catching King Cobra Attacking Could Be Fake
Trending on Inside Edition
Some Fear High School Baseball Star Who Vanished After Going Overboard on Sunset Cruise Was Attacked by SharkHuman Interest
Former Sheriff's Deputy Sentenced for Killing 'Extramarital' Girlfriend Who Insulted 'Size of His Manhood': DACrime
New Mom Survives After Contracting Rare Flesh-Eating Bacteria Days After Giving BirthHealth
After Getting Shot in the Head for Ringing Wrong Doorbell, Ralph Yarl Walks for Brain Injury AwarenessNews