Take a Look at One of America's Most Expensive Thanksgiving Dinners, Priced at $50,000
Even the side of whipped mashed potatoes will be topped with $1,600 per ounce caviar from the Caspian sea.
For the most lavish Thanksgiving dinner in America, look no further than the Old Homestead Steakhouse in New York City, offering a dinner for eight priced at $50,000.
“It’s a lifetime experience, but it might take you a lifetime to pay back the money,” said Marc Sherry, co-owner of the Old Homestead Steakhouse.
The restaurant, located in Manhattan’s Meatpacking District, has been serving Thanksgiving dinner since 1868.
Back then, the family meal cost $1.50 — a bargain compared to this year’s $50,000, surpassing the costliest Thanksgiving dinner on record.
But Sherry guarantees that for the hefty price tag, the dinner is worth every penny.
To begin, guests are served a 20-pound organic, free-range turkey priced at $85 per pound, and basted with extra-virgin olive oil imported from Italy.
The bird is stuffed with imported Wagyu beef, foie gras, and sourdough imported from the U.K, and topped with an organic cranberry sauce infused with Grand Marnier, balsamic vinegar, and a touch of an expensive French wine.
The entire meal is topped off with classic sides like whipped sweet potatoes and green beans with a ritzy twist, and champagne and wine to make the bill a little easier to come to terms with.
“When you’re going to give me a check for $50,000, then everything I do has to be special,” Sherry said.
The complete dinner offering includes:
• A 20-pound roasted free-range, organically raised, $85-per-pound turkeys, seasoned with a proprietary mix of spices imported from the Middle East, and basted with imported $17-per-ounce extra-virgin olive oil from Italy.
• Stuffing made using $465-per-pound imported Japanese prized Wagyu beef, $54-per-pound foie gras, and $46-per-loaf sourdough bread imported from the U.K.
• Turkey gravy infused with $2,890-per-bottle bourbon.
• Orange cranberry sauce made with organic fruit infused with aged Grand Marnier, $60-per-ounce balsamic vinegar, and a $1,750 bottle of wine from France.
• Whipped sweet potatoes topped with $1,600 per ounce caviar from the Caspian Sea.
• Mashed potatoes with $35-per-ounce imported white Stilton cheese.
• Green beans prepared with chunks of imported $90-per-pound ham from pigs fed a special root diet.
• Homemade pumpkin ice cream with a $4,200 bottle of rum-infused eggnog sauce.
"This year we are only doing three of them," Sherry explained to InsideEdition.com, "because of the intensity and the proprietary nature of the ingredients we are using."
After dinner, guests are invited to enjoy a VIP tour of the city. The all-inclusive package that comes with the menu include four prime seating tickets to the iconic Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, a holiday shopping spree at Saks Fifth Avenue, Bergdorf Goodman and Henri Bendel, four tickets on the 50-yard line to any New York Giants home game for the remainder of this season or next, a horse-drawn carriage ride through Central Park, a one-night stay in a luxury suite at the Waldorf-Astoria, a guided tour around the city, and a stretch-limousine that will transport guests between activities.
"This Homestead feast is one for the ages," Sherry guaranteed.
He said in the past, they have also offered dinners that cost $35,000 and $45,000, and have had five clients order the extravagant meals.
"They are a diverse group of people from Wall Street. They're people from out of town who just wanted to come to New York City and experience the greatest Thanksgiving in every way," he said.
Last year, the dinner even included a 1.5 karat diamond engagement ring.
"That didn't go as expected," Sherry said. "They did get engaged but they got divorced six months later."
Trending on Inside Edition
Man Finds Brother's Letterman Jacket Their Mom Couldn’t Afford in a Thrift Store 28 Years LaterInspirational
This Holiday Season Airbnb Is Offering You a Chance to Stay in the Original 'Home Alone' HouseEntertainment
Silence Surrounds Alleged Videotaped Sexual Assault of Boy From Louisville Private School Months AgoCrime
'West Side Story' Generates Early Oscar Buzz as Reboot of Beloved Film and Play Hits the Silver ScreenEntertainment
Man Exonerated of Alice Sebold’s Rape Says as She Addresses Her Role in His Conviction: 'I Accept Her Apology'Crime