Woman Says a Facebook Friend Request Led to Terror

INSIDE EDITION talks to a woman who says a friend request on Facebook turned into sheer terror, causing her to fear for her own life!

It all began when Elexis Hennigh got a seemingly innocent request to become Facebook friends with a guy she barely remembered from high school.

Little did Hennigh know that her new Facebook friend, Travis Taylor, would, as she says, end up making her life a living nightmare.

"Everyone knows with Facebook you've got all sorts of people coming out of the woodwork," said Hennigh.

Hennigh and Travis Taylor went to high school in Mannford, Oklahoma, not far from Tulsa. She says it had been nearly a decade since she last saw him when he reached out to her on Facebook.

Hennigh was a high school cheerleader and a social butterfly—one of the most popular girls in school.

Taylor, on the other hand, was a loner who didn't belong to any school clubs and lived an isolated life off a dirt road in a small house.

At first, Hennigh thought he was just reaching out to her on Facebook to reconnect. Taylor sent Hennigh a message through Facebook that said: "May I call you sometime? Fair warning, I'm gonna ask you to dinner."

Then she says she realized something was terribly wrong when the messages became uncomfortably intimate.

"You are the first woman I can remember thinking: that's the one I would like to have children with," said one message.

She says he began bombarding her with long, rambling messages that got so bad she finally replied by repeating the word "stop" 100 times. She says the response was this bone-chilling message sent on Valentine's Day:

"I could have chopped you up. Nobody ever would've known. I could have slit your throat and drank your blood."

She feared he would show up at her house any second, and posted: "If I am killed tonight, here's why," on Facebook along with all the terrifying messages she says he sent her.

INSIDE EDITION's Les Trent asked Hennigh, "You were afraid?"

"Yes, terrified," said Hennigh.

Fortunately, Hennigh had someone she could turn to—her own mom, who just happens to also be a cop. Immediately she told her daughter to call police.

Hennigh's mom, Deanna Reagle, said, "She was freaking out. She was completely afraid for her life."

Travis Taylo pleaded not guilty to planning her death and now faces 10 years in prison if convicted.

"Was it a mistake to share so much information?" Trent asked. 

"Yes," said Hennigh.