Car Explodes as Woman Lights Cigarette With Gas Grill in Back Seat
No one was seriously injured.
A Florida couple has been hospitalized with burns after they accidentally blew up their SUV while driving.
Orland police said a woman in the vehicle lit a cigarette Sunday while transporting a propane grill that had been switched on, sparking the explosion.
The couple was reportedly leaving a barbecue at the time.
No one was killed in the accident, but both occupants suffered non-life-threatening burns.
A gas grill being transported inside this car exploded when passenger lit a cigarette. 2 in car sustained burns; not life threatening. pic.twitter.com/76OaeJiCivAugust 13, 2017
The couple’s Kia Sorrento, on the other hand, was badly damaged. All of its windows were blown out in the blast.
The car then traveled off the road and crashed into a pole, police said.
Police did not respond for comment.
Trending on Inside Edition
Cadaver Dogs Brought in During Search for Brian Laundrie in Florida Swamp as Reward Reaches $200KCrime
Woman Discovers More Than 90 Snakes Were Living Underneath Her California HomeAnimals
Alex Murdaugh Is a Person of Interest in Wife and Son’s Murder, His Lawyer SaysCrime
Banksy’s Famous 'Love is in the Bin' Shredded Painting Sells for an Astounding $25.4 Million at AuctionOffbeat
Specialists Treat Tiny Birds Rescued From Recent Southern California Oil SpillAnimals