Mom of 4, Husband Who Shielded Wife Among 58 Confirmed Dead in Las Vegas Massacre

Sunday's shooting is the deadliest in modern American history.

At least 58 people have been killed and 527 injured as gunman Stephen Paddock opened fire above a crowded country music festival across from the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino on the Las Vegas Strip.

On Monday, devastated loved ones began sharing the names of the victims in what is now the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

The names of some who lost their lives in the massacre are: Sonny Melton, 29; Quinton Robbins, 20; Jordan McIldoon, 23; Jessica Klymchuk, 34; Lisa Romero-Muniz, 42; Denise Salmon Burditus, 50; Sandy Casey, 35; Rachael Parker, 33; Susan Smith, 53; Angie Gomez, 20; Bailey Schweitzer, 20; Adrian Murfitt, 35; Carrie Barnette, 34; Hannah Ahlers, 35; Jack Beaton; Thomas Day Jr., 54; Dana Gardner, 52; Charleston Hartfield, 34; Jennifer Topaz Irvine, 42; Rhonda LeRocque, 42; Jenny Parks; John Phippen, 56; Melissa Ramirez, 26; Chris Roybal, 28; Brennan Stewart, 30; Kurt Von Tillow, 55; Neysa Tonks, 46; Stacee Etcheber, 50; Heather Alvarado, 32; Dorene Anderson, 48; Austin Davis, 29; Erick Silva, 21; Michelle Vo, 32; Candice Bowers, 40; Cameron Robinson, 28; Bill Wolfe Jr.; Jordyn Rivera, 21; Lisa Patterson, 46; Derrick ‘Bo’ Taylor, 56; Denise Cohen; Kelsey Meadows, 28;  Calla Medig, 28; Rocio Guillen Rocha, 40; Tara Roe, 34.


Not long after shots rang out at the Route 91 Harvest Festival, a friend of Sonny Melton, 29, wrote on his Facebook page.

“Hoping y’all are ok man!!!”

But soon condolences poured in by the hundreds to Melton’s Facebook page, with many commenting on his last post, checking in to the concert.

Melton was at the show with his wife, Heather Gulish Melton, who confirmed to USA Today that Melton was among those who lost his life in the massacre.

“I want everyone to know what a kind-hearted loving man he was, but at this point I can barely breathe,” she wrote to USA Today.

Gulish Melton told WCYB that her husband saved her life during the shooting.

“At this point, I’m in complete disbelief and despair,” she said. “I don’t know what to say.”

When the shots rang out, Melton grabbed his wife and began running, she said.

“He grabbed me and started running when I felt him get shot in the back,” Gulish Melton told WSMV.

Melton lived in Big Sandy, Tenn., where he worked as a registered nurse at Jackson-Madison County General Hospital, according to his Facebook page.

He and Gulish Melton celebrated their one-year wedding anniversary in June.

“We were the couple that never should have met, fallen in love or had a future together....but life is funny and we believe God brought us together as soul mates,” their wedding website said. “We have shared amazing times together and nearly unbearable heartaches but through it all we have grown stronger in our love for each other and our families. We thank God every day for this relationship and the support and love of our families.”

The aunt of Quinton Robbins also confirmed that he was among those who lost their lives in the shooting.

“With an incredibly heavy heart. My sweetest nephew has passed away,” Kilee Wells Sanders wrote on Facebook.

Read: Vegas Gunman Stephen Paddock's Family 'Dumbfounded' After Massacre Leaves at Least 58 Dead

Robbins, 20, of Henderson, Nev., was a student at the University of Nevada-Las Vegas, according to his Facebook page.

He worked as a recreational assistant for the city of Henderson.

“He was the most kind and loving soul,” Wells Sanders wrote. “Everyone who met him, loved him. His contagious laugh and smile. He was truly an amazing person. He will be missed by so many, he is loved by so many. So many awesome talents. I can’t say enough good about this sweet soul.”

Robbins was also remembered for his generosity toward others and his dedication to his family.

“He was an amazing young man who had a huge heart and would do anything for anyone,” Robbins’ aunt Doreen Hawk-Wells wrote on Facebook. “He overcame health issues and did not let them interfere with living his life to the fullest. Please pray for our family, especially his parents and siblings. I can't begin to imagine how they will deal with this. I love them with all my heart and wish I could take all the hurt and pain away.”

Robbins enjoyed being there for those he loved, including coaching his little brother’s flag football team, family friend Tyce Jones told Newsweek.  

The 20-year-old student also dreamed of one day becoming a father and having a family of his own, his loved ones said.

“Suppose (sic) to be our best man and godfather one day,” his friend Ally Cooley wrote on Twitter. “Dreamt of kids playing t-ball together and growing up together. Beyond painful.”

Jordan McIldoon, of Maple Ridge, British Columbia, would have turned 24 this Friday.

A woman named Heather Gooze posted on Facebook that she stayed with McIldoon as he passed away.

“I am right outside the festival grounds,” she wrote. “We are not allowed to go anywhere. I am with a young man who died in my arms! RIP Jordan mcildoon from British Columbia. I can’t believe this just happened!!!”

Her account could not be immediately verified.

McIldoon’s parents, Al and Angela McIldoon, confirmed their son’s death to CBC News.

“We only had one child,” they said. “We just don’t know what to do.”

McIldoon was attending the music festival with his girlfriend. They were supposed to return home Monday.

His parents remembered McIldoon as a “self-described cowboy boot, tattoo-covered redneck who loved the outdoors.”

McIldoon was a heavy-duty mechanic who was about to start trade school.

Jessica Klymchuk, 28, of Alberta, Canada, was attending the music festival with her fiancé when she was shot.

The single mother-of-four worked as a school librarian and a bus driver, her grandmother told The Globe and Mail.

Just a week before the shooting, Klymchuk’s fiancé posted a photo of the pair smiling, writing, “You and me together is my favorite place to be.”

Alberta Premier Rachel Notley and Edmonton Mayor Don Iveson both shared their condolences over the death of Klymchuk. 

"Our hearts are all broken,” Iveson said in a tweet. “We will rally for Jessica’s children and family.”

Denise Salmon Burditus, 50, shared a photo of her and her husband of 32 years, Tony, at the festival on Facebook about 9:30 p.m. local time — just minutes before shots rang out.

Burditus reportedly died in her husband’s arms.

“Are you two ok????” a friend posted on Burditus’s Facebook.

According to her Facebook, Burditus lived in Martinsburg, W. Va.

“College student and semi-retired,” she wrote on her page’s “intro.”

She and her husband frequently posted photos of their adventures together, including their most recent trip to the music festival in Las Vegas.

“I just keep looking at the cool beautiful pictures both you and Denise have been sharing of all the fun you were having in Vegas and at the festival,” a friend wrote on Tony Burditus’s Facebook. “Your loss is unfathomable. Thoughts and prayers to all of you guys.”

Lisa Romero-Muniz, of New Mexico, was attending the music festival when she was killed.

Romero-Muniz, 42, worked as a discipline secretary in the Gallup School District, which confirmed her death in a statement.

“She was not only an employee of our school district, but was an incredible loving and sincere friend, mentor and advocate for students in many of our schools,” the district said. “As a colleague, she was also outgoing, kind and considerate of all those she worked with and we will miss all of these great attributes she shared with students, staff and parents in our community.”

Read: Witnesses Recall Chaotic Nightmare as Las Vegas Concert Gunman Kills More Than 50

Romero-Muniz was also remembered as a loving wife, mother and grandmother.

“This was one awesome woman,” a friend wrote on Facebook. “Please God be with her kids, grandbabies and family. You’re forever missed Miss Lisa.”

Rachael Parker, who worked as a records technician at the Manhattan Beach Police Department in California, was killed. Parker, 33, was among four off-duty department employees attending the concert Sunday, police said.

She was rushed to a local hospital, but could not be saved. She was 33 years old. 

“She was employed with the Manhattan Beach Police Department for 10 years and will be greatly missed,” officials said.

Sandy Casey, 35, was a special education teacher at Manhattan Beach Middle School for nine years, according to the Los Angeles Times.

“She is loved by students and colleagues alike and will be remembered for her sense of humor, her passion for her work, her devotion to her students, and her commitment to continuing her own learning and to taking on whatever new projects came her way,” the Manhattan Beach Unified School District said in a statement. “She has made a tremendous difference in the lives of her students and their families, many of whom worked with her over multiple years.”

Susan Smith, 53, was remembered as a wonderful woman, an advocate for children and a friend by those who knew her best in Simi Valley, where she worked as a school office manager.

She had worked for the Simi Valley Unified School District since 2001 was described as the heart of the school, according to the Ventura County Star.

The passionate country music fan was married with two children, according to reports.

Tributes poured in for Smith after word of her death spread.

“She was so kind, always had a smile, and her humor and sweet spirit shone through her every interaction,” a friend posted on Facebook.

“She was so incredibly sweet, positive, helpful, and just a delight to everyone she worked with,” another wrote. “Such a loss. I am praying for her family. She will be so missed by so many.”

Angie Gomez, who had graduated high school just two years ago, was also among the dead, her school’s PTSA said.

The former cheerleader was just 20 years old. 

“We received word this morning that 2015 alumnus Angie Gomez, was involved in the Vegas shooting last night. While details are still emerging, we did receive confirmation that Angie succumbed to her injuries,” the Riverside Polytechnic High PTSA in Riverside, Calif., wrote on Facebook.

“Please join me in lifting her and her family up in prayer,” the post continued. “She will always be loved and endeared by our Poly Family.”

Bailey Schweitzer, 20, of Bakersfield, Calif., also lost her life in the massacre.

Her father, Bakersfield Speedway owner Scott Schweitzer, confirmed her death to local news.

Friends shared photos of the young woman to Facebook, writing Schweitzer “was and IS so incredibly loved!”

“Bailey was a Centennial High School graduate, she was goofy, outgoing, loved by so many, and she is going to be terribly missed... she was a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, and amazing aunt... she was 20 years old,” a statement on a page created to establish a meal train for her family read.

The Schweitzer family was among the many traveling to Las Vegas to claim their loved one’s body.

Fisherman Adrian Murfitt, 35, was with his best friend watching Jason Aldean play when he was struck and killed, his devastated friend told reporters.

“We were taking a picture and it went through his neck,” Brian MacKinnon told Alaska Dispatch News.

Fellow concertgoers tried to help Murfitt, a commercial fisherman from Anchorage, but he could not be saved.

“There’s a lot of amazing people — there was nurses, doctors, fireman,” MacKinnon said. “Everybody who was at that concert really jumped on it, did everything they could. We just couldn’t save him.”

"Sadly he died in my arms," MacKinnon wrote on Facebook. "I don't really know what else to say at this time. I'm really sorry."

Carrie Barnette was near the stage when she was shot to the left side of her chest, family said.

“A friend with her was there at her side when she passed,” the 34-year-old Southern California woman’s cousin Janice Chambers told The Arizona Republic.

Fondly remembered as the life of the party, Barnette was an avid country music fan who recently posted on Facebook about her trip to see Jason Aldean perform in Vegas.

“I’m just going to have to get my fix at Route 91,” she wrote when a friend commented that he was set to perform at the Washington State Fair this year.

Barnette worked at Disney California Adventure, where she was a part of the culinary team for 10 years, Walt Disney Company chairman and CEO Robert Iger said in a statement.

“She was a ray of sunshine,” former co-worker Destiny Calderon told The Orange County Register.

Barnette’s brother-in-law Joey Castillo echoed Calderon’s sentiments, saying: “She’s a very loving person."

He noted Barnette’s sister, his wife, is “just trying to keep it together."

Castillo added: "She is still in shock. We all are."

Hannah Ahlers, 35, died after she was shot in the head, ABC News reported.

Ahlers was from Redlands, Calif., and was a married mother of three.

Stunned loved ones took to social media to express their grief over Ahlers’ death.

“I still can’t believe this is happening," one friend wrote on her Facebook page. "It can’t be.”

“Such a beautiful person inside and out," another posted. "You will be dearly missed."

Family said in a statement that Ahlers was their sunshine.

“She was beautiful inside and out and loved life and people,” her family said.

Jack Beaton and his wife, Laurie, traveled from California to Las Vegas to celebrate their 23rd wedding anniversary.

The couple was all smiles as they posed for a photo during the third day of the Route 91 Harvest festival.

But when gunfire erupted, Jack Beaton reportedly threw himself over his wife, shielding her from the bullets. He was shot multiple times in the process.

“He put Laurie on the ground and covered her with his body and he got shot I don’t know how many times,” Beaton’s father-in-law, Jerry Cook, told KBAK-TV. “Laurie was saying he was bleeding through the mouth, bleeding profusely, she knew he was dying.

“She told him she loved him and she would see him in heaven.”

When there was a pause in the shooting, Laurie Beaton’s friends pulled her away to safety.

“[They] said ‘Laurie you have to come with us we have to get out of this fire,’” Cook said. “She said, ‘No, I can’t leave my husband. I can’t leave my husband.’ And they said, ‘Laurie, Jack’s gone, we have to go.’”

She learned on Monday that he died.

“Lost my best friend,” Jake Beaton, one of the couple’s two sons, wrote on Facebook. “I love you so much more than you could ever imagine. Please watch over our family. You will forever be remembered as our hero!”

Thomas Day Jr., 54, went to the festival with his four grown children.

The California home builder was close with his kids — all in their 20s and 30s — and the group often spent time together, his father Thomas Day Sr. told the Los Angeles Times.

“He was the best dad," his father, Thomas Day Sr., said. "That’s why the kids were with him."

The grieving grandfather, who lives in the Las Vegas area, told the paper he received a phone call at about 11 p.m. Sunday that his son was among those killed.

“His kids are with me right now,” Day Sr. said. “They’re crushed.”

Read: Guests Next Door to Las Vegas Gunman Stephen Paddock Recall Hiding in Bushes for 3 Hours

Loved ones shared their memories of the father of four with his children, taking to social media to grieve their unimaginable loss.

“He will live forever through you guys,” one friend wrote on Day Jr.’s daughter’s Facebook. “He’s one of the coolest guys I’ve ever met! Lived every day to the fullest.”

Dana Gardner, 52, died after being shot once in the chest and once in the arm, co-workers said.

The California mother of three was a longtime employee of San Bernardino County, Calif., and was known for her reliability and dedication to public service.

“Everybody here is still in shock," County Clerk Bob Dutton told the San Bernardino Sun. "They’re waiting for [Gardner] to walk through the door."

Gardner leaves behind a daughter and two sons.

Those who knew off-duty Las Vegas police officer and military veteran Charleston Hartfield believe he was likely helping others when he was killed.

“I don’t know a better man than Charles,” his friend Troy Rhett told the Las Vegas Review-Journal. “They say it’s always the good ones we lose early. There’s no truer statement than that with Charles.”

Hartfield, 34, was the father of two young children who loved coaching youth football.

“Coach Hartfield touched many lives both on and off the field,” Henderson Cowboys, a youth football organization, posted on Facebook. “He was a great man who we all lost way too early.”

He was also a writer, having published an autobiography detailing his time on the force entitled, Memoirs of a Public Servant.

Hartfield’s author page described him as “a public servant from the early age of 18 who is committed to bridging the gap with no filters or shaded perceptions.”

Jennifer Topaz Irvine, 42, was remembered as a happy and energetic woman who enjoyed her work as an attorney in San Diego.

“She was one of the brightest shining stars and a true Angel who helped us when times are very difficult for a family,” a friend wrote on Facebook.

Those close to Irvine recalled her love of Halloween and passion for live music.

“Every time I hear Prince, I will think of when we went to see him and we got up in front of the stage and he stuck his tongue out at you,” Nicole McNabb, who wrote that she went to college with Irvine, posted online. “Because you had your arms down when he was telling everyone to raise the roof then you put your hands up and he smiled at you. You looked at me like oh s*** I just got scolded by Prince!”

Irvine began her career as a litigator and went on to practice family law in her own firm.

“Jennifer has a genuine passion for assisting clients during what can be an extremely difficult and overwhelming time in their lives,” her website said. “Jennifer puts her clients’ interests first.”

Many recounted the ways Irvine used her talents as a lawyer to help others.

“She was dynamite in a small package and loved life, living and people,” a mourner wrote online. “She lived to serve.”

Rhonda LeRocque, 42, of Tewksbury, Mass., was at the concert with her husband of 20 years, Jason, her 6-year-old daughter and her father-in-law, family said.

LeRocque’s father-in-law reportedly had just left with her daughter when the shooting began.

“[Her husband] thought she ducked and she didn’t,” her half-sister Jennifer Zeleneski told WFXT-TV.

LeRocque was remembered as a huge country music fan and a pillar of the Tewksbury community.

“You were the sweetest, most caring person and will be missed by so many,” a friend wrote on her Facebook.

Members of the family’s congregation at Kingdom Hall, where LeRocque’s husband is a minister, traveled to Las Vegas to escort the family and her body home.

Jenny Parks and her husband, Bobby, traveled from California to attend the music festival.

Her husband was recovering from a gunshot wound to the arm after the massacre, but Parks did not survive.

“Jenny was a wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend, teacher and so much more,” according to a GoFundMe page created to help her loved ones. “She touched many lives.”

Parks taught kindergarten for the Westside Union School District in Lancaster.

She and her husband were high school sweethearts, and they had two children together.

Parks was in the middle of planning a surprise party for her husband’s 40th birthday next week, loved ones said.

“She had rented a cabin by a lake,” Bobby’s uncle, Dr. Steven McCarthy, told People. “There was going to be boating and everything.”

John Phippen, 56, of Santa Clarita, Calif., was dancing next to his son, Travis, when the shooting began.

Travis Phippen, an off-duty emergency medical technician, tried to save his father by tending to the gunshot wound to his back, but the bleeding wouldn’t stop.

He carried his dad to safety, but John Phippen couldn’t be saved.

“He was my best friend,” Travis Phippen told the Los Angeles Times. “He never did anything wrong to anybody. He was always kind and gentle. He was the biggest teddy bear I knew.”

Travis Phippen was also shot in the arm while working to ultimately save 14 people, his brother said.

John Phippen leaves behind six children — the youngest, a 14-year-old daughter — and one grandchild.  

“If you didn’t know John, you surely missed out,” longtime neighbor and friend Leah Nagyivanyi wrote on a GoFundMe page created for Phippen’s children.

“He had a heart that was larger than life and a personality to match,” she continued. “You felt like you knew him for years the first time you met him. He was a simple man who enjoyed the simple things in life and having fun doing them.”

The family of Melissa Ramirez, 26, searched local hospitals, meeting grounds and the coroner’s office to get answers after being unable to reach her.

A woman who identified herself as Ramirez’s cousin wrote on Facebook Tuesday that she was among those who lost their lives in the shooting.

“We held on to hope until the last second,” Arihel Ramirez posted. “There’s no words to describe the pain my family goes thru at this moment. My heart aches I don’t understand why these things have to happen.”

Ramirez graduated from California State University, Bakersfield, in 2014 and worked at AAA Automobile Club of Southern California in Los Angeles, according to her Facebook page.

Her co-workers wore green ribbons in honor of her love for the Philadelphia Eagles on Tuesday.

“I and everybody else will be Eagle fans today, and more importantly a Melissa fan for life,” a co-worker wrote. “God bless you and your family.”

Navy war veteran Chris Roybal, 28, was celebrating his birthday with his mother in Vegas when he was shot.

The Corona, Calif., native was separated from his mother in the chaos of the shooting. She identified his body on Monday, she told WLS-TV.

“I knew,” Roybal’s mother Debbie Allen said. “I knew, because I spoke to the person who was with him when he got shot.”

A firefighter with Roybal when he was hit tried to revive him, but he could not be saved, his mom said.

“He saw Christopher take his last breath,” Allen said.

Read: Uber Offering Free Rides to Las Vegas Blood Donation Centers

Roybal served in Afghanistan. He had previously taken to social media about the question he gets asked most: “What’s it like being shot at?”

“A question people ask because it's something that less [than] 1% of our American population will ever experience. Especially one on a daily basis,” he wrote on Facebook. “My response has always been the same, not one filled with a sense of pride or ego, but an answer filled with truth and genuine fear/anger. *which by the way, go hand in hand*”

“I remember that first day, not sure how to feel,” he continued. “It was never fear, to be honest, mass confusion. Sensory overload...followed by the most amount of natural adrenaline that could never be duplicated through a needle. I was excited, angry and manic. Ready to take on what became normal everyday life in the months to follow. Taking on the fight head on, grabbing the figurative ‘Bull by the horns.’

“Unfortunately, as the fights continue and as they as increase in numbers and violence, that excitement fades and the anger is all that's left,” Roybal continued. “The anger stays, long after your friends have died, the lives you've taken are buried and your boots are placed neatly in a box in some storage unit. Still covered in the dirt you've refused to wash off for fear of forgetting the most raw emotions you as a human being will ever feel again. What's it like to be shot at? It's a nightmare no amount of drugs, no amount of therapy and no amount of drunk talks with your war veteran buddies will ever be able to escape. Cheers boys.”

Roybal would have been 29 next week.

Family and friends searched for Vegas native Brennan Stewart, 30, until Monday, when it was confirmed he had lost his life.

“I can’t believe we won’t ever see you walk in a room and light it up with your warm smile again,” a relative wrote on Facebook. “Cousin, you were one of best. I always enjoyed our time together... you are our angel now.”

Remembered for his love of music, Stewart often performed his own renditions of his favorite country songs, loved ones said.  

“I’ll never forget every concert I spent dancing with you all night,” a friend posted online. “I will forever miss getting your emails of your new songs and you calling me right after to get my harsh opinion. I love you I love you I love you. I will see you again.”

Kurt Von Tillow, 55, was with his family when he was shot and killed.

The Cameron Park, Calif., man was remembered as a consummate patriot who took pride in his country and loved nothing more than time spent with family.

“Guarantee you, he was covered in red, white and blue, with a Coors Light in his hand, smiling with his family and listening to some music,” his brother-in-law Mark Carson told KCRA-TV.

He was also known for his belly laugh.

“If Kurt was in your foursome, at your dinner table, or in the bar with you, you knew you were in for a good time,” his longtime friend Steve Marchi wrote on social media. “Beyond that Kurt was a wonderful husband to his wife Mary Jo and father to his children Matthew and Jessica.

“Kurt was the type of person that would do anything for his family and friends. RIP Kurt. I will miss you greatly, but will look back with countless fond memories,” Marchi continued. “Please join me in raising a glass to Kurt and praying for his family and friends in this difficult time.”

Von Tillow’s wife, daughter and son-in-law managed to escape the shooting unharmed. His sister and niece were hospitalized for injuries and are expected to survive.

Outside Von Tillow’s backyard, relatives created a memorial with flowers and American flags, KCRA-TV reported.

They played the national anthem, as they said Von Tillow would have wanted.

Neysa Tonks, 46, was a single mother of three who lived in Las Vegas.

Originally from Salt Lake City, Tonks worked for Irvine-based technology company Technologent.

“Neysa has brought so much joy, fun and laughter to Technologent – she will be greatly missed by all,” a co-worker wrote on a GoFundMe page.

Officials at her company created the page, which as of Tuesday, had raised more than $124,000.

She often posted photos of her three sons — ages 24, 17 and 14 — on social media, documenting their adventures and milestones as the three grew older.

“She was a wonderful mom, daughter, cousin and all around good person,” a cousin wrote on Facebook. “We will miss you, Neysa.”

She and her boyfriend were at the music festival and managed to duck down during the first round of shots, but she was hit when they tried to run, Tonks’ brother said.

“[Tonks’ boyfriend] said he saw her take her last breaths and he stayed there with her,” her brother Cody Davis told KSTU-TV.

After the first round of shots, off-duty San Francisco cop Vincent “Vinnie” Etcheber rushed to the aid of those who had fallen and told his wife Stacee Etcheber, 50, to run.

It wasn’t long before a second round came.

They were separated in the chaos and while Vinnie Etcheber helped the injured to the hospital, he was unable to get in touch with his wife.

She was later confirmed to be among the dead.

“Stacee was taken in a senseless act of violence,” the San Francisco Police Department said on Facebook.

Etcheber leaves behind a 10-year-old and a 12-year-old.

Heather Alvarado, 32, was at the concert with her family when shots rang out.

“It is with heavy hearts that we acknowledge the passing of Heather Warino Alvarado, wife of Cedar City firefighter Albert Alvarado," the fire department said Tuesday.

Alvarado posed a photo of herself and several others smiling in front of what appeared to be a stage and musical instruments on Friday.

The mother of three was reportedly protecting her daughter when she was shot.

"She protected her daughter like a true… mama bear would,” wrote Melinda Wright, according to the Deseret News. “We will miss you so damn much Heather!”

Dorene Anderson, 48, was visiting Las Vegas with her husband and two daughters when she was killed, loved ones said.

Anderson described herself on social media as a stay-at-home mother.

She was also a recent treasurer of a hockey booster club in Anchorage, Alaska, called the “Cowbell Crew.”

“She was the most amazing wife, mother and person this world ever had,” her family said in a statement published by the Alaska Housing Finance Corporation, where her husband works. “We are so grateful and lucky for the time that we did have with her.”

Austin Davis, 29, was a pipefitter from Riverside, Calif.

His girlfriend, Aubree Hennigan, had spoken to him about two hours before the gunfire broke out.

She and his other loved ones took to social media to track him down, but later learned he was among those killed.

“Tonight we lost an amazing man,” she wrote. “Austin, my love, I can’t believe this happened. You didn’t deserve this.”

Davis was remembered as a “man’s man” who would do anything for those he was close to.

“Austin didn’t half-a** anything in life. If he knew [you], he loved you,” a friend wrote on GoFundMe.

Two concert goers wrote on social media that they saw Davis injured on the ground after the shooting. They wrote they carried him to the back of a pickup truck to be brought to the hospital.

“We kept talking to him and telling him to stay with us and that he will be okay,” Andrea Brooks Taft wrote. “I prayed so hard he was okay."

Erick Silva, 21, was working at the festival when he was shot and killed, family and friends said.

“A generous, devoted, solid man,” a friend wrote on Facebook about Silva, who had recently started his job in security.

Silva was remembered for his generosity and willingness to help anyone who needed it. He is believed to have lost his life while trying to save others from the gunfire.

“The kid’s my hero, a true hero,” Silva’s uncle, Rob Morgan, said on Facebook. “My nephew was protecting the lives of others so they would have their life left... always trying to save somebody before he saved himself.”

Michelle Vo, 32, was a native of the California Bay Area and a dedicated employee at New York Life Insurance.

The kind-hearted woman was also remembered for her devotion to family.

“Michelle is gone but her life is not,” her brother-in-law, Paul Warren, wrote on GoFundMe. “Every single one of us changed a bit when we met her. Every good deed we do, we do it a little easier because Michelle taught us how. The responsibility to continue to share her infectious ambition, excitability and passion for life now lies within all of us.”

Candice Bowers, 40, was a single mother of three with a passion for country music.

“Candice left this world doing what she loved, dancing to country music along loved ones,” her family said on a GoFundMe page. “She will be greatly missed by all who knew and loved her.”

Bowers drove with a friend to Las Vegas for the festival in what her family called a rare weekend away.

The dedicated mom recently adopted a 2-year-old niece, who she was raising along with her 20-year-old son and 16-year-old daughter.

“It’s just a tragedy,” Bowers’ aunt, Vicki Jeffries, told the Orange County Register. “It’s absolutely devastating.”

Cameron Robinson was with his boyfriend at the festival when he was shot in the neck, his sister said.

“We lost an amazing friend, son, brother, uncle, cousin, co-worker and boyfriend,” a GoFundMe page for Robinson said. “He was full of life and love and so much passion.”

Robinson loved cooking, entertaining and being active. He had a passion for running marathons, travel, camping, boating and the outdoors in general, loved ones said.

“He is an amazing example to all and brought so much light to those he came in contact with,” the GoFundMe page said. “He accomplished so much in such a short time and touched the lives of so many.”

Robinson’s boyfriend was also reportedly injured in the shooting but is expected to survive.

Bill Wolfe Jr., traveled from Shippensburg, Pa., to attend the music festival in Las Vegas.

He and his wife were celebrating their anniversary when they were reportedly separated in the chaos.

Wolfe Jr. was a college wrestling coach and father of two.

“Bill has impacted so many young lives through his involvement in the community,” a mourner posted on GoFundMe. “He will be missed. Our prayers go out to his family.”

Jordyn Rivera was a student at Cal State University-San Bernardino. She was in her fourth year of studying health care management and had just turned 21.

“She passed away so young and she had everything going for her,” a GoFundMe page created by a family friend said.

Rivera enjoyed traveling and posted photos of herself in front of Stonehenge and the Eiffel Tower on Facebook. She was also a member of Eta Sigma Gamma, the national health education honorary society.

“This beautiful soul served as an engaged member of the local community, personally leaving her mark on all those around her,” a friend wrote. “Her life, which was so full of light, was taken from her before her time.”

Lisa Patterson, 46, was a mother of three who dreamed of becoming a teacher.

Patterson worked with her husband of 30 years, Bob, in the family hardwood flooring business in Los Angeles, NPR reported.

One of the couple’s three daughters, Amber, traveled to Las Vegas with her dad in hopes that her missing mother would be recovering at a hospital.

“We didn’t know where she was,” Amber, 19, told NPR. “I was expecting to come here and for her to just be injured, but then we found this out, so it was devastating.”

Derrick “Bo” Taylor, 56, and Denise Cohen had been planning their trip to attend the Route 91 Festival for weeks.

The California couple’s families issued desperate pleas on social media for any word of their conditions before finding out that they were among the dead.

“I love you Uncle Bo and can’t believe you’re gone,” a niece posted on Facebook. “Until we meet again.”

Taylor served with the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation for about 30 years and rose to the rank of lieutenant.

“There are no words to express the feeling of loss and sadness regarding Bo’s passing. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. We truly are a family here at SCC and Bo’s loss will be felt throughout the prison, conservation camps, and Department,” Warden Joel Martinez wrote in a memo to staff.

Cohen was a property manager in Santa Barbara and was active in her church. She and Taylor each had two grown sons.

“We are all hurting so much and can’t understand why something like this happened,” Cohen’s friend wrote on Facebook. “I love this woman with all my heart and I cannot believe that she’s gone. RIP my beautiful, kind and loving friend. You were so special to me. I know you are up there in heaven dancing to your favorite country song and smiling down on us.”

Kelsey Meadows, 28, was a substitute teacher who loved education, Taft Union High School Principal Mary Alice Finn said.

“Kelsey was smart, compassionate and kind,” Finn said in a statement. “She had a sweet spirit and a love for children. Words cannot adequately capture the sorrow felt by her students, colleagues and friends in learning of her passing.”

Meadows leaves behind her mother, Stacy, her father, Greg, her brother, Brad, and sister-in-law, Jessica, “along with an entire community that loved and respected her,” the Taft Union High School District said.

A candlelight vigil was scheduled for Wednesday in front of the school to honor Meadows, who was also a graduate.

Calla Medig, 28, had traveled from Jasper, Canada, to attend the festival for the third year in a row when she was killed, friends said.

“Calla was a bright, warm-hearted, and a beautiful soul with a kind smile,” Jim Eglinski, the Canadian Member of Parliament for the Yellowhead electoral riding, wrote on Facebook.

Medig worked as a waitress at Moxie’s restaurant in West Edmonton.

“One of the most amazing people I have ever met was taken too early,” a friend wrote on social media.

Rocio Guillen Rocha, 40, had given birth to her fourth child just six weeks ago and was still on maternity leave from her job as a manager at a California Pizza Kitchen restaurant when she attended the festival.

She and her fiancé, Chris Jaksha, made the trip from Eastvale, Calif., for the shows on Sunday as part of a friend’s birthday celebration, NPR reported.

She was reportedly shot in the thigh and died at the hospital.

Guillen leaves behind her infant son, an 18-month-old daughter, a 13-year-old boy and a 17-year-old boy.

“She was that type of mom who just loved holding her kids,” her fiance’s sister, Nikki Stowers, told NPR. “And she loved her two older boys so much — just watching them play sports. It's so unfair that she's had her life taken away."

Tara Roe, 34, was an educational assistant with Foothills Schools Division in Alberta, Canada, Superintendent of Schools John Bailey said in a statement confirming her death.

She also worked as a model for at least 10 years, Sophia Models International said on Facebook.

“She was always a friendly face and had a very caring spirit,” the agency said. “We are saddened, shocked and pray for everyone affected by this tragedy.”

Roe, who was separated from her husband in the shooting, leaves behind two young children.

Watch: Survivor in Las Vegas Massacre Says Officer Saved Her Life: 'He Never Left Me'