Magician's Head Lit On Fire

Magician Wayne Houchin was performing on TV when suddenly, the host of the show lit his head on fire. INSIDE EDITION has the details.

Call it man on fire as a horrifying scene unfolded when a magician became engulfed in flames.

Illusionist Wayne Houchin appeared on a TV show when, without warning, the host of the show poured flaming cologne on his head.

He beat at the flames with his bare hands. The charred magician was left stunned.

He said, "I need to go to a hospital."

He suffered first and second degree burns on his head, face, neck, and hands.    

"I am in pain, but am recovering. The doctors are cautiously optimistic that i will fully recover with no scars,” he wrote on Facebook.

He was seen backstage before the show in the Dominican Republic, looking forward to the appearance.

Moments later, he was engulfed in flames!

This has happened before. Magician Scott Bray accidently set himself on fire in 2000 while performing the classic fire eating trick. He was left with third degree burns all over his face.

But this time, the magician says it was no accident. He's lashing out at the TV host who set him on fire. Houchin said, “I was not aware he was going to do this. This was not a stunt or part of an act - this was a criminal attack."

Houchin is an up-and-coming illusionist from Chico, California. He appears in Breaking Magic on the Discovery channel. But, no amount of magic talent could help him escape this terrifying brush with death.