Slayer Guitarist Dead After Being Bit By Spider
After being bit by a spider two years ago and contracting a flesh eating bacteria, Jeff Hanneman, guitarist for the iconic heavy metal band Slayer, passed away. INSIDE EDITION has the details.
Dead before his time because of a spider bite.
Jeff Hanneman, a guitarist with the heavy-metal band Slayer, is dead after being bitten by a spider in his hot tub two years ago.
He said in a past interview, "Didn’t even feel it. But an hour later I could see the flesh corrupting. I was an hour away from death."
49-year-old Hanneman was bitten by a spider in 2011 and almost lost his arm due to the flesh-eating bacterial infection that set in following the bite.
INSIDE EDITION told you recently how a 21-year-old woman cheated death after being bitten by a tiny spider at an airport in Texas. Her face puffed up horribly and her ear turned black with the infection. Emergency-room doctors caught the infection just in time.
Hanneman had to give up performing with his band as he battled the infection. It was a battle he ultimately lost.
Hard to believe a tiny insect could cause the death of such a strapping, energetic performer.
Trending on Inside Edition
Texas Man Found Dead With Neck Wound After Freak Car Crash Had Been Bitten by Dog Possibly Trying to Save HimNews
You've Been Vaccinated. Now What? Where to Buy Your Own COVID-19 Vaccine Card HolderNews
Teen Accused of Killing Tristyn Bailey Had Evidence in His Home Linking Him to 'Cold-Blooded Murder,’ Cops SayCrime
Viola Fletcher, Oldest Known Survivor of Tulsa Race Massacre, Celebrates 107th BirthdayInspirational
Survivors of Deck Collapse Caught on Camera at Rental Home Allege Deck's Wood Was RottedNews