Parents of newborn twins say they feel "betrayed" after doctors mistakenly declared one of the babies dead.
The parents say they discovered their baby breathing inside a plastic bag he was placed inside of while en route to a crematorium in the Indian capital of New Delhi.
"When we opened the bag, we found the boy breathing. I was shocked. I couldn't believe my eyes," grandfather Praveen Malik told CNN.
The boy is being treated at a nursing home in New Delhi now that parents have lost all trust in Max Super Speciality Hospital, where the twins were born.
"We don't want to keep our baby at Max hospital. We don't trust the doctors there," Malik said. "They betrayed us."
In a statement, the hospital called the incident, which occurred after doctors declared one of the twins stillborn, "rare."
"We are shaken and concerned at this rare incident. We have initiated a detailed inquiry, pending which, the concerned doctor has been asked to proceed on leave immediately. We are in constant touch with the parents and are providing all the support needed," the statement said.
Family members said it was unclear whether the baby would survive.
Meanwhile, State Health Minister Satyendar Jain called the incident "unacceptable" on Twitter and told reporters the hospital's license would be revoked should a probe find them liable in the mistake.