A New York father has pleaded guilty to charges he fooled his teen daughter into sending him nude photos of herself.
The 41-year-old Ilion man was accused of posing as the 14-year-old girl's boyfriend online and in text messages. He created fake Instagram and AOL accounts as a 16-year-old boy from another town, court documents reveal.
The shocking deceit began in 2013. On Monday, the father pleaded guilty to 12 counts of enticing a child to produce child pornography and receiving and sending child porn.
According to Syracuse.com, the girl met who she thought was a fellow teenager online and quickly began to refer to him as her boyfriend. He asked her to send nude photos of herself.
While the girl initially refused, her "boyfriend" eventually convinced her. After a couple of months, the girl tried to break up with him.
That's when her father's sick crime took an even darker turn.
"Then I will send these to your dad and then I won't have to worry about anyone else having u," the man threatened, according to court documents.
The "boyfriend" later promised the girl he wouldn't send the photos to her dad if she sent him more.
After she eventually broke up with him anyway, she received a message from someone claiming to be the boy's mother. The message said the boy had killed himself.
Soon after that, the father told the girl that the boyfriend had sent him her photos, court papers said.
The girl later told her school nurse that she was being sexually abused by her father. While abusing her, the father often referred to the nude photos and how much he liked them, according to court papers.
The father is still awaiting trial in Herkimer County on charges related to the alleged sexual assault on his daughter including criminal sexual act, sexual abuse and endangering the welfare of a child.
When police investigated the girl's allegations, they discovered the texts the girl had received from her "boyfriend" had been sent by her father.
The man faces up to 250 years in prison for all 12 counts to which he's pleaded guilty. He's due to be sentenced in July.